Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 18th April  (Read 875 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 18th April
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 April 21 12:08 BST (UK) »
Good to hear that you had no major side effects Pharma.  :)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 April 21 12:35 BST (UK) »
Pleased to see you back PharmaT.  :)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hope you are feeling well Diana.

There's good news and bad news.....In the morning we decided to visit the nearby market town of Newton Abbot. Haven't been in ages, but felt it might be quieter than the sea side, and glory be, it was almost deserted. I spotted a lovely Kath Kidson design tray in a charity shop window.  There was only one customer and the assistant so I was able to nip in and out and grab a bargain.  Then walking back to the car we saw a lovely pair of grey wagtails flitting around the river.
But... after lunch at the lakes, we found the Muscovy ducks which had eggs recently, appear to have left them unattended, and they are gone.  Could have been foxes or people, as the nest sight was very close to shore, and I don't think the water is very deep.
Had been looking forward to "Line of Duty" all week, sad individual that I am. Phew... What a cliff hanger!!

Feeling well, Mousehowse, thank you! Good for you, getting that Kath Kidson tray! I have a few of her things my daughters brought me from the UK, including a wonderful dog mug.
Very sad about the duck eggs.  I am watching our nesting Canada geese across the street, hope all goes well for them.