Author Topic: Elizabeth Luchsinger, nee Watterson, born abt 1866 in Co. Tyrone  (Read 4699 times)

Online scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Luchsinger, nee Watterson, born abt 1866 in Co. Tyrone
« Reply #45 on: Monday 26 April 21 23:51 BST (UK) »
No occupation given on the 1937 death certificate?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 27 April 21 00:26 BST (UK) »
It is not the actual death certificate but a  typed entry of info which does not include his occupation. Says he is buried in City Cemetery. When he emigrated in 1922, it says farmer but has IN HOSPITAL stamped above his occupation which I wondered if he was sick on the voyage. If we got the actual death certificate, maybe it would help.
I just went to findagrave but didn't find a memorial for him.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 27 April 21 11:41 BST (UK) »
Wow you two have been busy glad you got his death I did see that record on the 1930 census but the occupation ( barber ) did not seen to fit  ::)

Peggy you could maybe do a post on the USA board to see if there was an obituary for Samuel Buick but link this post with it

Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 27 April 21 13:28 BST (UK) »
U.S. City Directories The same Samuel Buick on the 1930 census mentioned is down as a helper at the Metropolitan Hospital so it might be a possibility

Maybe Samuel and Mary had separated as he does not mention her name on the immigration record only his father ?

Rosie

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 27 April 21 16:41 BST (UK) »
What was Samuel's address in 1930? When he emigrated in 1922, he was going to his cousin John Mallon who lived at 750 Washington Ave., Brooklyn although I didn't find John there in 1920 or 1930. When Samuel's sister-in-law Elizabeth Watterson emigrated in 1923, she was going to Samuel who lived at 669 Glasslon(??-overwritten and hard to read) Ave., Brooklyn. When Elizabeth returned to Brooklyn in 1927, her address was 2095 Nostrand Ave. When Samuel died, the address was 1694 Lexington Ave., Manhattan unless that was a hospital address. Just trying to find either one of them in USA but haven't yet. I had a thought that perhaps sister Mary Buick died in 1927 and that is why Elizabeth returned to Ireland. I have Elizabeth's return to Brooklyn but not the trip from Brooklyn to Ireland in 1927.
It is a good idea to post on US board but I don't know how to link this post. Could just give a reference.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland