Author Topic: The Disappearing Gibson's of Manchester!  (Read 1544 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Disappearing Gibson's of Manchester!
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 April 21 22:28 BST (UK) »
Manchester Cemetery records

Philips Park
George Gibson 13/10/1928
Bertha Gibson  8/7/1985

https://www.burialrecords.manchester.gov.uk/GenLocDetails.aspx?ID=30623
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 30 April 21 22:59 BST (UK) »
Mabel Bagshawe & Heywood,

Many thanks for your replies, very much appreciated.

Mabel Bagshawe, many thanks for that death index record, much appreciated & in light of Heywood's post, it is almost certainly correct, which does indeed raise a question regarding the youngest daughter's birth as you say!

Heywood, many thanks for the link to the burial record info, much appreciated. I do have that site bookmarked, but somehow hadn't thought to check the burials there, most remiss of me! ::)

My thanks again.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 03 May 21 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Now for the penultimate missing sibling, the first of two sisters of Charles & George Gibson.

Sarah Gibson was born in 1886 in Ancoats, Manchester. I Haven't found a baptism for her as yet.

Sarah is with her parents in 1891 at  8, Hey Street, Bradford, Manchester (RG12/3258/46/32).

Sarah is with her widowed mother in 1901 at 23, Garrick Street, Ancoats, Manchester and is a Pipe Finisher by trade. (RG13/3742/126/17)

Sarah marries William Fitzgerald (born 1883), a Glass Cutter by trade of 40, Gray Street, Ancoats, Manchester on 30th Oct 1909 at St Jude's church Ancoats, Manchester, link here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:233V-4JL
Oddly Sarah names her Grandfather George as father instead of Charles (Snr).  A daughter Edith Fitzgerald was born in 1910, the only child I have found for the couple so far.

The 1911 Census at 49, Gray Street, Ancoats, Manchester (RG14/24102/schedule 154), shows Sarah Fitzgerald (Nee' Gibson) and 4 month old Edith, living with Sarah's widowed mother. William Fitzgerald I have as yet to locate in 1911.

After 1911, I have been unable to find any further trace of either William or Sarah Fitzgerald. Edith Fitzgerald turns up briefly in 1913 & 1914.

On the 11th April 1913, Edith Fitzgerald is admitted to the Swinton Industrial school, Chorley Road, Swinton, Manchester (parish to which chargeable to is given as Prestwich).

She is admitted to the same school again in January 1914 and discharged on 8th Feb 14 to Crumpsall. She is admitted to  the school for a third time on 4th Dec 1914, (parish to which chargeable to is again shown as Prestwich). After this I have been unable to find anything of Edith.

Any and all help and assistance, as always will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 May 21 16:59 BST (UK) »
Baptism
Edith Fitzgerald
born 22nd April 1910
baptised 4th May 1910
Ancoats, St Jude
William and Sarah
49 Gray Street
father was a glass cutter

There is a woman with the correct name and birthdate in Stourbridge on the 1939 Register.

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 May 21 17:06 BST (UK) »

There is a William Fitzgerald in Kingswinford, Worcestershire in 1911 that fits the details posted.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 03 May 21 17:08 BST (UK) »
Great find - the other people fit too   :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 03 May 21 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Comberton & Heywood,

Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Comberton, many thanks for the baptism of Edith, 1939 Register & 1911 census,much appreciated.

I'm not finding the 1911 for William on FindMyPast, are you able/allowed to give the ref number? Thanks if so!

Also the Fitzgeralds have become the last lot to be completed, as I have just found  the death of the other missing sister (Emily Gibson 1882-1913), not sure how I missed her death before! ::)

My thanks again to all who have helped on this thread, all very much appreciated indeed!

Kind regards

David

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 03 May 21 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,

It's okay, found William in 1911 now! As Fizgerald!! Grrrrr!

Thanks again.

Kind regards

David

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 03 May 21 17:42 BST (UK) »