Author Topic: Parents of William Fitzsimmons (Fitzimmons)  (Read 1540 times)

Offline GreyFitzsimmons

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parents of William Fitzsimmons (Fitzimmons)
« on: Thursday 29 April 21 05:48 BST (UK) »
Hello! I was wondering if anybody could help me find out the names of William Fitzsimmons parents.

William was born 1795 in Moyraverty, Portadown/Lurgan, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland I believe, Died 13 Jul 1839.
His wife was Anna Ward (or Waid) and their two sons I know stuff about are David & Nathaniel Fitzsimmons, Both son's came to Ontario Canada (Grey County and Pinkerton is where the son's died)

I have two records for William but they are just his and Anna's name attached to Nathaniel's records. Sadly I'm not sure where to start looking for Irish records so if anyone can help or point me in the direction of where I can find would be great!  Thank you so much in advance  ;D

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of William Fitzsimmons (Fitzimmons)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 April 21 09:45 BST (UK) »

Can't help with the Fitzsimmons family, but here's the townland of Moyraverty. Today its in the Craigavon area between Portadown and Lurgan.
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/oneilland-east/seagoe/kernan/moyraverty/
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5342173#map=13/54.4406/-6.3694

Note that Northern Ireland did not exist in 1795.......it was Ireland.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Online shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 21 07:54 BST (UK) »
Tracking back on land records may help to find early names. 

Griffiths Valuation of 1864 indicates that Nathaniel Fitzsimmons leased an area of land from James G Bell in Moyraverty TL.  Others appearing on GV are a William, Joshua and a Robert Fitzsimmons.

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 April 21 11:08 BST (UK) »
Rootschat member aljepeka has links to the Fitzsimmons surname in Moyraverty. Hasn't been online here for a couple of years, but a PM might still reach, if email address hasn't changed.

See reply #18 at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=381031.18
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline GreyFitzsimmons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 April 21 12:53 BST (UK) »
Rootschat member aljepeka has links to the Fitzsimmons surname in Moyraverty. Hasn't been online here for a couple of years, but a PM might still reach, if email address hasn't changed.

See reply #18 at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=381031.18

I did PM them, Hoping I might get a response but figured I would ask around while I wait lol thank you

Offline GreyFitzsimmons

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 April 21 12:57 BST (UK) »

Can't help with the Fitzsimmons family, but here's the townland of Moyraverty. Today its in the Craigavon area between Portadown and Lurgan.
https://www.townlands.ie/armagh/oneilland-east/seagoe/kernan/moyraverty/
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5342173#map=13/54.4406/-6.3694

Note that Northern Ireland did not exist in 1795.......it was Ireland.

That's great to know! My mom started the family tree and has the older Irish people from Northern Ireland. Thank you!

KG

Offline aljepeka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 May 21 03:00 BST (UK) »
Hi KG, Just noticed your pm this evening..... I seldom use the email account registered with rootschat  so apologies for delay in replying.   Hi scotmum - it's been a long time since we last chatted :-)   KG, I cannot get you any further back than William Fitzsimmons and Ann Ward but may be able to provide additional info re. location, other family members, sources, photos etc.   I live a short drive from the old house - have you a photo of it?  It was demolished in the 1990's.    I'll reply to you message and we can chat via email afterward.

Regards,
Barbara
HARVEY-Drumnagoon/Seagoe/Portadown
McMURRAY,GIBSON,FITZSIMMONS-Crossmacaughley/Crossmacahilly/Moyraverty/Portadown
WOODS-Knocknamuckley/Portadown
CARDWELL,MORELAND-Dromore/Dromara/Waringstown
BOWEN-Tipperary
FREEBURN-Tartaraghan/Drumcree/Derrylard/Portadown

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 May 21 07:16 BST (UK) »
Hi KG, Just noticed your pm this evening..... I seldom use the email account registered with rootschat  so apologies for delay in replying.   Hi scotmum - it's been a long time since we last chatted :-)   KG, I cannot get you any further back than William Fitzsimmons and Ann Ward but may be able to provide additional info re. location, other family members, sources, photos etc.   I live a short drive from the old house - have you a photo of it?  It was demolished in the 1990's.    I'll reply to you message and we can chat via email afterward.

Regards,
Barbara

It's GreyFitzsimmons you need to be contacting by PM.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 May 21 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hello aljepeka, good to see you back  :).

Hopefully, as you have indicated, you will at least be able to give GreyFitzsimmons some 'meat for the bones' of their resarch.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .