Author Topic: Hordley Parish.....WILLIAMS family 1851  (Read 556 times)

Offline Barb3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hordley Parish.....WILLIAMS family 1851
« on: Monday 29 August 05 20:26 BST (UK) »
My WILLIAMS family was found in the Hordley parish of Shropshire in 1861.  Henry and Ann were the parents, and I am especially hoping to find their daughter, Harriet, born about 1847 in Bagely, in the 1851 census.

I'm sure someone will find them...and earn a higher place in heaven!!!!   Thank you.
Laing, Weston, Menzies, Robb, Nicol, Smith, Hugh(es), Howell(s), Anderson, Muir, Skea, Hankins, Rippy

Offline Allie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hordley Parish.....WILLIAMS family 1851
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 August 05 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Barb :)

Bagley,

Henry Williams, H, M, 27, Ag lab, Perthy Salop
Anne, W, M, 28, Bagley
Harriott, Daur, 3, Bagley
Henry,Son, 1, Bagley
Elizabeth Brookes, Mother in law, Widow, 61, Bagley
George Day, U, 42, Bricklayers Labourer, America

The last entry doesn't give a relationship to the head sadly but the mother in law is a bonus.
Have I earned my heavenly place now  :D :D

Allie
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Shropshire research interests: Betton, Boliver, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Griffiths, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Rogers, Weston, Wilson

Offline Barb3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 August 05 21:45 BST (UK) »
You definitely have moved up to the rank of Angel.  And to have solved the maiden name puzzle for Ann/Anne was indeed heaven-sent.
 Thank you so very much...please let me know if I can return the favor in any way.  I have access to the England/Wales ceuses from 1861-1901, and the 1881 census for Scotland.
Laing, Weston, Menzies, Robb, Nicol, Smith, Hugh(es), Howell(s), Anderson, Muir, Skea, Hankins, Rippy

Offline Allie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 29 August 05 22:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the offer Barb :)

If I find any of my lot have gone over the border to Scotland...i'll be in touch.

I have just ordered the 1841 for Shropshire and am waiting delivery. If you want anything checking out on that, let me know

Allie
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Shropshire research interests: Betton, Boliver, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Griffiths, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Rogers, Weston, Wilson