Author Topic: Eva Winifred Lea  (Read 857 times)

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eva Winifred Lea
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 May 21 18:01 BST (UK) »
Many thanks rosie. I’m not very good at searching the gazette, so this is very helpful.

Dave :)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 May 21 18:05 BST (UK) »
I just put in Eva Winifred Lea 1953

ADDED There is no indication on the result of her name it was just the first in the list.  This is the link to the search page
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 08 May 21 18:15 BST (UK) »
I just put in Eva Winifred Lea 1953

ADDED There is no indication on the result of her name it was just the first in the list.  This is the link to the search page
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/

Thank you,

Dave :)
ESSEX: Cramphorn Raven Sams Sayers Taylor; GLOS: Beacham/Beauchamp; HERTS: Chamberlain Chuck; LEICS: Allot Bentley Godfrey Greasley Hunt Hurst Jarvis Lane Lea Light Woodward; LINCS: Lambert Mitchell Muse ; STAFFS: Hodgkins Jarvis; SURREY: Light; WARKS: Astley/Chesshire Bradbury Hicken/Hickin Hudson; WORCS: Ballinger Beauchamp Laight

Offline Pete1982

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 October 21 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Davedrave.

I was most interested to find your post. I live about 3 miles away from the houses that Eva Lea lived in at Bexhill. The First was with Alice Lea, called Earley Mead on Hastings Road from 1935 ish  . When Alice Died,  Eva moved a few houses away to a house called Red Croft in 1946.

We know little else apart from Alice seems to have volunteered for A.R.P duties in wartime, and in 1936 Alice bought a Wolseley 14 that passed to Eva in 1946. This is the reason for my interest, as it survives and now lives with us close to where its original home was (unfortunately neither house survives today)

Many Thanks. Peter

Offline Pete1982

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 January 22 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Davedrave.

Thank you for your very interesting PM.
Unfortunately I am not able to reply due to a lack of postings , and I can't seem to attach a photo of the Wolseley.

However if you do a Google Search for Wolseley AAP 764 it brings up a fair few pictures.  I don't know if you are familiar with "Foyles War" but it was the car used in the first series of that (nearly back home in Hastings) and much other TV work.

I would love to see a photo of Eva and Alice one day, but I guess that's a big ask! Quite a famous Cousin though!

Best Regards, Peter

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 17 January 22 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pete,

Welcome to RootsChat, the attachments button is just below the white box in which you type in  ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Davedrave

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 17 January 22 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Davedrave.

Thank you for your very interesting PM.
Unfortunately I am not able to reply due to a lack of postings , and I can't seem to attach a photo of the Wolseley.

However if you do a Google Search for Wolseley AAP 764 it brings up a fair few pictures.  I don't know if you are familiar with "Foyles War" but it was the car used in the first series of that (nearly back home in Hastings) and much other TV work.

I would love to see a photo of Eva and Alice one day, but I guess that's a big ask! Quite a famous Cousin though!

Best Regards, Peter

Many thanks Peter, I’ll follow up your link. Unfortunately I haven’t got any old photos, in fact nothing older than my grandfather on this side, although I do have a lovely old gravestone of 1722 of our common ancestor of Eva, Alice and me, still amazingly legible.

Best wishes,

Dave