Author Topic: 1793-Birth Lookup-Wenham  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Niagareven

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
1793-Birth Lookup-Wenham
« on: Monday 29 August 05 21:14 BST (UK) »
 My grandmother came upon this site, and as I am a bit more suited to using the computer I am posting this for her, so please excuse any botches in information, as communication is a bit strained for us.

We are looking the birth records Thomas Wenham, more specifically we would like to know the name of his Father. Father was considered to be Richard, but recent information says Father was Joseph. We are trying to clear up this information.

It would be a great help, thanks.
 ;D

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
Re: 1793-Birth Lookup-Wenham
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 06:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,
There are two Thomas Wenham's on the LDS IG Index
http://www.familysearch.org/ which might fit the profile, neither having a father called Richard or Joseph  :(  Both are submitted by an LDS member which should always be treated with caution!

Have a look at them on the site and if you need more help, please come back and ask :)

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 07:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
Do you have any idea where in Sussex he might have been born?    The IGI is much the best place to start but it is not full coverage so he may not be on it.
On the Sussex marriage Index there is a marriage for Joseph Wenham to Frances Cruttenden in Ticehurst, East Sussex on 20 July 1772. 
There is a marriage for Richard Wenham to Mary French in Arlington, 6 Sep 1784 and also one for Richard Wenham to Jane Pelling 12 Jan 1787 in Sompting.   They may not have married in Sussex of course.
Andrea

Offline rogerofgoostrey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have lots of Wenhams in my tree  originating from Westfield near to Hastings.  Are you connected to these Wenhams?

Regards

Roger
Thorpe (East Sussex), Wenham (East Sussex) Willett (East Sussex and Kent) Ades (East Sussex) Rushton (Staffordshire Moorlands) Finney (Staffordshire Moorlands) Wheeldon (Staffordshire Moorlands) Critchlow (Staffordshire Moorlands)

Offline Jezzer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 January 11 08:58 GMT (UK) »
Thomas wenham was born in warbleton sussex in 1793, son of thomas wenham and eleanor boots, he married lois Lavender also born in warbleton sussex, in1824, they moved to the states sometime around 1850s the three sons William,1836,James 1843,and Thomas 1832, all served in the wisconsin state troops during the civil war, though all in diffrent regiments.

you can follow my tree on ancestry lavender family tree.