Author Topic: Birth/Baptism Sarah Jane Coles  (Read 915 times)

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth/Baptism Sarah Jane Coles
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 May 21 16:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to all of you for replying + all offers of information.

Louisa Maud - I think Luton's near in relation to her marriage in Bedford but possibly a bit far from where I think she was born - appreciate the help + thought :)

emeltom - I've looked into the John + Susannah parentage but can't seem to find enough to follow it through to Sarah J's marriage - help appreciated though :)

DCB - I totally missed the 1861 Census for Ann Wolstone, so that kind of confirms I have the wrong parents.

Annette - I too have followed that line, in theory + came to a similar conclusion as you that it hinges on her marriage certificate/registration.

I'm hopefully travelling to Wrest Park, Bedford in a fortnight so will try + locate any records regarding Sarah Jane

Again many thanks for all your replies - all of your 'fresh pairs of eyes' help enormously!

Regards
Deb
Lawton - Blackhall - Sharp - Haddow - Smith - Cunningham - Rowley - Treling

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 May 21 11:49 BST (UK) »
In case of interest, a bit more to eliminate Sarah, the daughter of George and Ann.

She married William Spooner in 1861.

Two children: William Coles baptised in Blisworth on 30th June 1867 and John George in Barnsley in 1869

In 1871 they are in Pitt Street, Barnsley, Yorkshire, although Sarah's age, 38, is a few years out.

William, the husband, died in 1876 and Sarah married Jonathan Ingerson

In 1881 they are in Silkstone Common, Silkstone, Wortley, Yorkshire. Sarah still 38.

In 1891 they are in Church Street, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire. Sarah is 50.

Age correct in 1901-11 at 15 Princes Street Peterborough.

Jonathan died on 17th September 1914 and probate to William Coles Spooner, a Brewery cashire.

I think Sarah died in Barnsley in 1920, probably living with William.

William died on 11th Feb 1952 in Barnsley. Probate to his sons, Henry Wolston Spooner, pharmacist, and Philip Coles Spooner, solicitor.

There is a tree which confirms this - https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/person/tree/115369344/person/100142280892/facts

David

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 May 21 18:18 BST (UK) »
DCB
Thank you for researching that Sarah, it definitely looks like I need to amend our tree.
My late Sister did this side of the family about 15 years ago when there were a lot less records so understandably mistakes were made.
I've spoken with Biggleswade Library + we plan to visit after the Bank Holiday to view the microfiches so fingers crossed all will become clear!
Many thanks
Deb
Lawton - Blackhall - Sharp - Haddow - Smith - Cunningham - Rowley - Treling