Author Topic: 1871 Toynton/Borridge  (Read 6876 times)

Offline lorna.691

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Toynton/Borridge
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 May 10 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi i came across this threat by accident. I have been researching my family name for years as its taking a while. My last name is Peltell. The elizabeth you speak of with the mainden name Peltell who married a Burridge has a brother called Robert. They are children of Letitia and John (i think from memory my family tree folder is at my parents).

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 May 10 22:49 BST (UK) »
I also have a report of a James Toynton being deported for 10 years for sheep stealing - again no date so I will have to check the dates that deportation was the penalty.

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/convictsdetails.asp?id=3477
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline EveWood

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 02 March 16 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Richard

I'm currently researching a family tree for a customer relating to the 'Bannister' line with Pte John Pestell as a 3 X cousin once removed if I've remembered correctly. His mum was a Bannister you see.

You wrote:
" I have found an old newspaper cutting among my aunts' albums reporting the death of Pte John Pestell...If you think it is of interest I can send a copy"
Richard
[/quote]

I'd love to have a copy sent over if you are able to message me for the lady's tree.

Thanks and kind regards,

Eve

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 02 March 16 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Eve ... you will need to make another post or two before the PM system is fully available to you. :)

As things are at present, I could send you a PM (only one) and you would be unable to reply. It's just the way things work.  :-\

Richard hasn't been on RootsChat since Jan 2011.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 11 September 17 15:51 BST (UK) »
I have a photo of James Walter Toynton with his wife and 2 of his children Lily and Annie get back to me if you want it
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline CCallaghan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 06 February 23 02:00 GMT (UK) »
kia ora whānau - I am from New Zealand and of James Walter Toynton and Mary Rebecca Burridge's line.  We think we might have been disconnected at the end of WW1 from the rest of the family as their second to youngest child, Lily Toynton married a New Zealand soldier and they came back to NZ with baby-on-the-hip.  Lily didn't talk about her family much except for a sister Ellie (or Nellie) who my mother said she clearly loved and missed very deeply.
cheers
CC