Author Topic: Diary > Saturday 22nd May  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Saturday 22nd May
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 May 21 16:01 BST (UK) »
Fingers crossed for tomorrow then.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 May 21 01:02 BST (UK) »
Very warm here today, felt like 35, humid.  Ruskie, you probably laugh at me whining about the heat. I only ventured out twice with the dog, OH took him the other times.  A/C has been on.
Supposed to be 25 tomorrow, thankfully.  We have some plants to put in, want to get out there early.  Victoria Day tomorrow, there were fireworks last night, people are allowed to set them off in their yards, but there is no municipal display this year (or last year).  Canada Day is in July 1, maybe usual celebrations will be on. 
13-18 year olds eligible for vaccines today along with all adults. Now that we are getting the vaccines, people are eager to get it done, not a lot of vaccine hesitancy, at least not reported.
My son’s girlfriend got a new appointment for her vaccine - tomorrow, so J will go with her and see if they will squeeze him in.  At their local pharmacy, convenient.

Hope you are okay now, Roobarb. Your embankment sounds lovely, MH.  Viktoria, the thought of an electric blanket right now, eww.  KG, hope you are out and about soon.  Jo, your dog does sound like his own man, love the name.  My wee lad is not stubborn or moody (same bouncy nosiness all the time) but he is hyper and hard to control at times.  It was his 9th birthday yesterday so he got some special “soft food” with his hard kibble.  You’d think he’d won the lottery!
Didn’t do much today, laundry, made some squares, did a bit of family history, and my Mother’s Day jigsaw puzzle, The World of Shakespeare. It’s a good one!  Just finished a book about a Jewish American couple who brought over 50 Jewish children from Vienna to the US in 1939.  Started the next Peter Lovesey installment in his Peter Diamond series, Down Among the Dead Men.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 May 21 04:18 BST (UK) »
It’s amazing how dogs love their soft food if they are usually fed kibble. I give mine a base of kibble, with a variety of other food added - anything from a hugely expensive air dried food, to a tin of sardines. She loves it all.

I do taste test sampling for one of our supermarkets, and I once had to try a tin of dog food - at least I had to get the dog to try it. It was absolute rubbish and the huge tin only cost a couple of dollars. My dog devoured it! They’re not too discerning.

35 and humid sounds fairly horrible to me Diana. It’s the humidity that makes it worse I think.

Have there been many recorded cases of people catching covid multiple times? It’s not something we have had to deal with here and I haven’t heard how that is going in other countries.

As you’ve had covid KGarrad, what is the chance of you catching it again? Or it is possible to catch another strain of covid?

There are a substantial number here still reluctant to be vaccinated and the rollout is slow. Still much talk of AZ and blood clots, and no under 50s are being given AZ.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 May 21 07:12 BST (UK) »
A Covid vaccination is NOT a guarantee that you won't catch Covid again!
What it does do is to ensure you won't get seriously ill, or die, from Covid.

My chances of getting it again are slim, but the chance is still there.

That's why, if I travel to the UK, the IoM Government insists I have to have 2 negative tests; the first test ASAP on arrival, the 2nd test on Day 6.
Meanwhile I have to self-isolate.
Depending on circumstances, other travelers may have to self-isolate for 21 days.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)