Author Topic: Rosina Mabel Wharton name confusion , Duce ? 1896.  (Read 3212 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Rosina Mabel Wharton name confusion ,UPDATE . Unknown Raymond Duce
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 15 June 22 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi , I am awaiting a certificate which another family member said they had ordered . I have been on ancestry and there is a tree there that has Rosina Mabel Wharton marrying a Raymond Duce and him dying almost immediately in 1914 … which allows her to marry James Brown as Rosina Duce in 1915 … that 1915 marriage is definite …
The dates fit and timeline is possibility.  BUT I can't find any Raymond Duce marriage or death in 1913-1914 . In fact
I can't find him at all .  Her marriage cert says her father was Arthur Duce Dec.
I have found her in a boarding house in London at 17 years old and James Brown had some skeletons to hide and was under a cloud so that could explain her not putting her father Wharton name down . they may have been estranged ? Her children now gone ,knew she was a Wharton so it is still as much a mystery as ever .
There is definitely a Wharton , Duce ,Eagles connection as posted below . I do connect to her great grandchildren by DNA but don't understand that enough to know how . Her “ mother “ Sarah Lacey nee Wharton portrait is still in the family home .  So if some kind soul could put Raymond Duce in the picture for me I would be thrilled . TY Fred .
PS I have sent message to tree owner .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Rosina Mabel Wharton name confusion , Duce ? 1896. no closer to solution
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 15 February 23 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,Further to this previous post I am no closer . I have given up waiting for another researcher to get birth certs for both Rosina Mabel Wharton . I have not found the Raymond Duce that was mentioned in a ancestery tree ,nor had any replies in his regard . I am still completely lost on this line . Thanks for a fresh set of eyes . Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..