Author Topic: My Heritage DNA free upload  (Read 781 times)

Offline Beavances

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Heritage DNA free upload
« on: Wednesday 09 June 21 20:08 BST (UK) »
A few months ago I uploaded DNA results (originally done on Ancestry)  when My Heritage offered a free upload to their site.
I was able to see matches from my results with My Heritage members and they sent me emails when new matches  were uploaded.
When I now try to log on to the My Heritage site all I get is adverts for DNA tests. I've tried their contact numbers but the response is they only offer phone support for members who have a paid subscription.
I'm wondering if others who followed this offer have found the same? Or was the offer only for a limited time?

Offline JohnDoe2020

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: My Heritage DNA free upload
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 June 21 21:11 BST (UK) »
Did you pay for the use of their tools? It is a one time charge, I think 29 dollars and you have access to all their clustering tool, chromosome browser etc. You should still be able to view your matches without the fee, it is your DNA...

Offline Jo6100

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 June 21 21:19 BST (UK) »
I’ve just checked and it’s working for me- I did the free upload and didn’t have to pay for the tools at the time.

Jo

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 January 22 18:20 GMT (UK) »
I am still getting used to My Heritage but I use it alongside Ancestry where I have my main tree.

I have a very annoying problem. I have a DNA kit in my basket which I did not put in there as I have no need to purchase it. I already have my DNA done as well as my parents. I think I looked to see how much they were charging out of curiosity once but at no time did I add it to my basket. It's still there. There is no way to get rid of it but I keep getting emails asking me to 'complete my purchase'. I am worried that they have my details and the purchase goes through non intentionally.
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall

Offline pughcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 January 22 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Genie24,

Yes the My Heritage site has a a very sensitive shopping basket. You may have accidentally strayed into the area which registers that you want to buy a DNA kit. I have done this many times myself. Go to the website on a PC. Find the shopping trolley logo and hover over it. In the top right hand corner of the dropdown menu you will see a dustbin icon. Drag your pointer into the menu and click the dustbin to cancel your order.

pughcd
Ingham, Crabtree, Ogden, Horsfield - Yorkshire, Dixon, Park, Spooner - Westmorland, Drinkwater - Lancashire,  Gonsalves, Tressler - Lahore, Pakistan, Oberbremer, Baute, Rieke, Lindemeier, Sewing, Mesterheide, Clauss, Althoff, Wortmann, - North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany, Grolms, Schonscheck, Weiss, Schwartz, Stephan, Weissin -West Prussia

Offline Genie24

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 January 22 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant! Thanks so much. I just did that and at lest the basket now shows empty.  I will have to tell my cousin that trick. I asked her a while ago if she had any ideas and she ended up with one in her basket too. Neither of us want to purchase it. ;D
Anderson/Andersson, Imison, Lang, Humble, Mallinder, Brett, Ridley, Ferries, Hall