Author Topic: Trying to find my father  (Read 1612 times)

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find my father
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 June 21 20:33 BST (UK) »
Sadie - I have sent you a Personal Message  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 June 21 20:55 BST (UK) »
Sadie ..its hard to imagine lives that some people have led .

People often keep secrets because they think they are protecting you but it is obviously something that is affecting you and your well.being .

I believe everyone has a right to know their origins if you dont know how to follow any of the leads people have suggested on here just ask for step by step explanation .

Consider taking a dna test with a site where you can download to gedmatch which means in future one of his relatives may match you and know more about his story and maybe yours

Best of luck ...it is a slow process
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 June 21 00:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Sadie,

You mention that there was a son born a year and a half after you.  You already know your father's name.  Have you approached any professional support organisations to see if that lad may have been searching for his possible older sibling... I am in NSW Australia and I understand that the UK support networks are excellent and non judgemental and supportive.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 June 21 18:20 BST (UK) »
I would recommend trying DNA testing through a company like Ancestry.com, if you haven't already done so.  There could be a relative who wants to find you, or you might find a close enough match to find more information on him.  I'd also keep an open mind to the possibility that the name your mother has given you is incorrect or not your actual biological father.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 June 21 18:37 BST (UK) »
Have you considered The Salvation Army  Family Tracing Service?
Be aware that should they trace him, they will only give you the information if  agrees. This could result in a further disappointment if it appears he does not wish to have any contact with you.