Author Topic: Margaret and Annie Jones, Hencote Dairy, Ellesmere Road, Shrewsbury  (Read 698 times)

Offline BucksFerret

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Margaret and Annie Jones, Hencote Dairy, Ellesmere Road, Shrewsbury
« on: Thursday 24 June 21 21:21 BST (UK) »
I appreciate this is a very long shot, but I wondered whether anyone on the forum is researching or connected with the Jones family, who ran Hencote Dairy in the first half of the 20th century, please?

My mother, now 90, visited and stayed with the Jones sisters several times around 1949. Is there anyone who has a photograph of the sisters they'd be willing to share, please?

Thank you.

Graham
Gough (Upper Heyford, Souldern, Marsh Gibbon, Preston Bissett, Tingewick, Barton Hartshorn), Blackwell (Akeley),
Martin (Maidenhead and Surrey)

Offline Shropshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret and Annie Jones, Hencote Dairy, Ellesmere Road, Shrewsbury
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 June 21 21:26 BST (UK) »
There's a FB page - Old Shrewsbury Pics - might be worth asking there.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Suejones90

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret and Annie Jones, Hencote Dairy, Ellesmere Road, Shrewsbury
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 November 23 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Graham

I see this post is 2 years old now but I believe Margaret and Annie were my Great Great Aunts.  My Dad grew up in the farmhouse when my Grandad went to help them run it in his 20s and eventually took over from them and loved there whilst his sister still runs Villa Farm in Battlefield now. Have heard stories about Margaret and Annie will have to ask my Dad if any photos exist though. I dont recall seeing any but you never know!