Author Topic: Diary Sunday 27th June  (Read 1660 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary Sunday 27th June
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 July 21 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your condolence, Jeff.
Take care and keep safe too.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 July 21 13:44 BST (UK) »
Very sorry to hear of your bereavements RTL, I hope you found a little comfort in being able to be with your family member at the end. My thoughts are with you.  :-*
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 01 July 21 15:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you too Roobarb for your condolence.  Yes, you are right I do feel that there is some comfort in that I was allowed to go in to be with my close relation at the end.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 01 July 21 20:04 BST (UK) »
You have been very strong R.T.L. and a great comfort and support to others I know.
You will still find reserves of strength I feel sure.
But don’t be hard on yourself .

Lovely memories Jeff ,thanks for sharing at a sad time for you too  .
Hope it helped .
Kindest regards to you both and your loved ones .
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 July 21 20:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you too for your condolence and kind words, Viktoria.
It all feels a bit surreal at the moment.  It feels hard to take in that this has really happened even though I was there, at the end.
Life goes on but it will never seem the same. I loved this relation deeply and miss them so much.  They meant the world to me.  However, on a positive note I am a Christian so I believe that this is not the end, just a separation for now. 

The other person I mentioned who has also died was not a relation but this person was someone I liked very much.  This person had just turned 40, no age really. 😢Sadly, it just goes to show we never know what is around the corner.  It all feels quite surreal just now.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 02 July 21 04:12 BST (UK) »
Just popping in briefly to wish Jeff a very belated Happy Birthday. As well as being a star footballer your Jackson is a very good looking lad. You have good reason to be proud of him.

RTL, so sorry to hear about the loss of your special family member and your lovely friend. Such a sad time for you. Best wishes.  :-*

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 02 July 21 07:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you Ruskie, it is very kind of you to send you condolence too. 

I agree Jackson is a good looking young man.  Sure to have a queue of girls after him, - I hope this won't distract him from his football in the years to come. ;)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 10:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear about your bereavements RTL. Go gently with yourself.
I agree about the RVI. I was there last week at the emergency eye dept due to an issue and they were lovely.
North East of England

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 23:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this condolence Candleflame.
The nurses in particular were wonderfully supportive at the RVI. Nothing was too much trouble.  If I wrote of all they did I would be writing a very long essay.  I must say my family and I agree that they went above and beyond.  We were very touched that two of the nurses went off nightshift and they wrote out a poem about my brother for his birthday  which was the day he died.  They also put up decorations and asked us what music he liked and played all his favourite songs as well as so much more.
Also, two lovely chaplains came to pray for my brother and  us and the prayers were so beautifully worded and very comforting.  One of these chaplains brought a 'bag of kindness' for my SiL filled with lots of hospital comforts.  This included a blanket to keep her warm during the last two nights we kept vigil.  It was a very sad time  but it felt very touching what kindness and empathy we received at the hospital.