Author Topic: Lateral flow tests - how good are they?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Lateral flow tests - how good are they?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 July 21 11:15 BST (UK) »
Just to follow up on my original posting, my 10 days quarantine are now over with no symptoms showing.  My daughter, despite her positive result, has had no symptoms at all and feels fitter than ever, since she has been able to rest and relax a little during her time off work.

Interesting, however, has been the Test & Trace response, which has pinged her next door neighbours on both sides, warning them that they have been in contact with a positive case, even though the occupants of the three attached houses had really not been in contact at all.  Some of them took it seriously and one of them even cancelled work and school for some days until everyone realised that Bluetooth thought all three houses were one with multiple occupancy!  Apparently Bluetooth can go through brick walls!  Daughter reports that she has been flooded with messages from the NHS since testing positive, some even with a slightly threatening tone.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Online Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 July 21 11:48 BST (UK) »
Just a quick question Gill - how did your daughter know that her neighbours had been warned of a positive test? Presumably they didn't knock on her door so does the system tell her who it has notified.

Just thinking, I hardly ever see any of my neighbours, so in similar circumstances I wouldn't know it was one of them who had tested positive and therefore I would not need to quarantine as I had been nowhere near them, unless of course it provides names/addresses, which I highly doubt due to data protection.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 July 21 15:29 BST (UK) »
Pheno
I don't honestly know, but they may have wondered why her family were all at home (quarantining).  They have been very careful about keeping away from people and she has been self-isolating in her bedroom.  She is also friendly with the sister of one of the neighbours and may have been speaking to her via phone.  It's a small community and word gets around pretty quickly. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.