Author Topic: Burial place of Charles Stewart, died 8 November 1864, Nigg, Kincardineshire  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Scotserica

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place of Charles Stewart, died 8 November 1864, Nigg, Kincardineshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 02 August 23 07:19 BST (UK) »
I’ve been looking for info on Thurziah. She went on to marry John McDonald and brought up my great grandfather Robert. She was his paternal aunt…sister of Joseph Maitland an book agent in Aberdeen. My great grandfather’s name changed from Robert Kiloh Maitland to McDonald and they lived at Backhills Of Rubislaw. Worked as quarry workers.
Thurziah then married Charles Bubb also a quarry worker.
Her name was spelled various ways, making it difficult to find certificates.

Offline Pfig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place of Charles Stewart, died 8 November 1864, Nigg, Kincardineshire
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 August 23 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Scotserica, I've PM'd you but think you'll need to post at least 3 messages before you can PM me back.  Not sure how I missed your entry but have just found this tonight.  Thurziah is my Great Great Grandmother through my Dad's side of the family.  I have loads of info on her (but sadly no photos) what is it you're looking for?

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 August 23 12:32 BST (UK) »
I’ve been looking for info on Thurziah.
Her name was spelled various ways, making it difficult to find certificates.
On Scotland's People, use wildcards - t*r*z*a should find the variations.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.