Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 11th July 2021  (Read 6115 times)

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 11th July 2021
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 14:19 BST (UK) »
Crumbs!
  Yes indeed! intriguing as scenario might be, now catching up with a cookie monster diary! ... with the addition of sultanas ... packet in! lol

Have skimmed the following threads and so follow Viktoria with her well wishes too Roobarb.

Too much to pick out for comment but good to see a checking in from Carol and well done on the presidency, nice that they chose a 'kitty' rather than a 'jack' for the role  :D All the best for your term, sounds like a healthy sized club, date to look forward to as mother of the groom as well.

Week ending 11th was last week of school term 2, midwinter and 2 weeks of school holidays commencing. My regular Wednesday hobby group only runs in term time so 2 week break from that as well, spent some time preparing for 5 day visit of daughter and granddaughters among usual routine. They arrived late evening Saturday, daughter setting out for 3 hour drive after feeding and bathing miss 7 yrs and miss 21 months and dressed them in Pj's, gowns and slippers ready to go to bed and they slept most of the way but excited when they arrived. SiL left at home holding the fort and still recuperating from recent surgery.
Daughter was trying to shake off a cough, residual from inevitable colds being a school teacher! Several days planned out and Sunday was one for catching up with her cousins, one of their children was having a 10th birthday party, so a happy get-together.
I went off to another small hobby group for the day, small in size of group currently and activity being miniatures. Remaining members want it to continue but so many interest groups seem to be closing lately, including another of my own unfortunately. It's a local history group that's been running 40 years, quietly declining in new members after the first 20, then I landed presidency 10 years ago and got rather stuck with it and various other tasks, attrition rate has continued to be higher than admission rate with originals passing and entering rest homes etc. Do get a bit of interest on online site but seems meetings have become less favoured, particularly when it comes to role positions, we have a 90 year old treasurer who has done brilliantly on the job for years but we've made the decision to wind up. Going out with a book launch later in the year, at the publishers presently and a few other loose ends to tie up beforehand.

And past time I should wrap up here, already well into a new day!