Author Topic: Holywell  (Read 1731 times)

Offline coppers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Holywell
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 July 21 22:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you both - school girl error - misread the entry!

That looks like the right record, thank you !  Looking at this it bounces me back to first post - it says Holywell, Fermanagh & Cavan.  I have to admit to not knowing geography of Ireland well and certainly not pre split.  BUt I do know that these counties are next to each other.  So from a research point of view would births from both have Enniskillen as the SRD?  Many thanks Sian
Copley - Sheffield
Yeomans - Hilton, Derbys
Riches / Durrant, Norfolk Broads
Neale - Suffolk
Dent - Kinsale Co Cork Ireland
Buckland - Oxford

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 July 21 22:21 BST (UK) »

Cassidy in 1911 census.
Residents of a house 2 in Manragh, Upper (Tuam, Cavan).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Tuam/Manragh__Upper/347379/

Marriage - 3rd February 1873 at Holywell RC Church.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1873/11261/8130124.pdf

Fannie Stuart living in the townland of Mullinawiny (sic). Father Robert Stuart, farmer.
https://www.townlands.ie/fermanagh/clanawley/cleenish/holywell/mullanawinna/
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3898848#map=14/54.3226/-7.9134

So from a research point of view would births from both have Enniskillen as the SRD? 

The SRD of Enniskillen takes in large chunks of both Fermanagh and Cavan but not the full counties.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline coppers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 July 21 22:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help and the documents! 
Copley - Sheffield
Yeomans - Hilton, Derbys
Neale - Suffolk
Buckland - Oxford

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 July 21 11:40 BST (UK) »
I have to admit to not knowing geography of Ireland well and certainly not pre split.  BUt I do know that these counties are next to each other. 

OP, have a look at this map attachment below. The county of Fermanagh in light green, the county of Cavan in light brown. The dotted lines represent boundaries of Superintendent R.D.'s. So Enniskillen has a small portion of Co Cavan NW of Bawnboy ( and not a large chunk as I said before  ::)).

Has it helped?  ;D

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline coppers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 July 21 17:03 BST (UK) »
Many thanks.  It has.  I think that there is enough information with this and the details on the records is enough to answer the County Cavan question.  She always said she was from County Cavan - and the records seem to support this.  There is also suggestions from the records that she / the family moved from Holywell south, into CC proper.  I am not sure whether she moved with them as I can not track her for the 1901 census.  1911 has her in Cardiff and says she has been 'married' for 14 years (not that I can find a marriage record).  Which woul dmean she should be in Cardiff in 1901 - but nothing.  I have her 'husband' in 11901 - but no trace of her.  All your support and answers on here have given me more detail in regard to her Irish roots - so thank you
Copley - Sheffield
Yeomans - Hilton, Derbys
Neale - Suffolk
Buckland - Oxford