Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021  (Read 6137 times)

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 18 July 21 20:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks Candleflame.
Sorry to hear your husband has been in so much pain, I hope he manages to get an appointment. I had two appointments with the dentist, both shortly before I had my second jab. The second appointment was to replace a filling I lost last year. I felt more confidence in the dentist than in most environments, they have scrupulous sterilisation measures and protective equipment. To be honest I think the dentist's risk from the patient is probably greater than ours, the transmission of Covid being from aerosol as they call it. The dentist is behind a mask and visor so the patient is less likely to receive that aerosol than the dentist who is working in an open mouth. I do understand that you're worried though, I very much hope all is well.

Amongst all the bad news, I did have something lovely happen today. My lovely friend A phoned me this morning, she said that she'd left some flowers on my doorstep to cheer me up. I opened the front door, she was sitting in her car on the road, we had a short chat while she was there. It was so kind and thoughtful of her and the flowers are absolutely beautiful. What a gal. 😊
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 18 July 21 22:46 BST (UK) »
Just thinking of younRoobarb.
Hoping you are not too bad.

Caroline ,best wishes to you and your husband ,hope the steps soon become all forward .
To everyone else ,look after yourselves ,we are entering testing times and sad to say there is a lot more to come I suspect.

Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 18 July 21 22:57 BST (UK) »
Roobarb - how lovely to see your friend even from a distance but to be cheered up with a bunch of flowers is always a boost to ones soul… lovely friend..

Candle flame - I do hope your husband manages to get to see the dentist in the next few days as he could be on cloud nine with a cocktail of painkillers…. Just go easy on the codeine though… my daughter ( bi-chemistry degree) goes bonkers if her father takes too many codeine as he has had to over the years at odd times …. Fingers 🤞 for him..

You’re so right Pinetree it’s almost inconceivable my OH was putting up fencing a few months ago…. At the moment he even had to sit down whilst trying to bbq this evening… let alone water the vegs… which I did… quite worried about him… he’s giving it a week to see if there’s a more significant improvement before going back to the docs….

Take care everyone and no party’s first the neighbourhood tomorrow in celebrations of our freedom….. really! What freedom seems almost worst than last year… and that’s saying something…

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday 19 July 21 08:11 BST (UK) »
Horrified to find that Roobarb!!
I turn my back for a couple of days and look what happens!
RTL put it beautifully, and I totally agree.

So very sorry, and hope it is a mild case.  Any ideas where you might have picked it up??

Good news for Pine though.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Monday 19 July 21 09:18 BST (UK) »
I'm pretty sure who I caught it from MH, they're ill too, can hardly believe it myself. Thanks for good wishes.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday 19 July 21 09:59 BST (UK) »
What a lovely friend you have Roobarb, there are a lot of kind people about

As predicted lots in the news paper and on the radio about masks, quite a few will be wearing masks, so that is enlightening, it is a bit annoying when peopel in high places say they won't wear a mask, on ein particular has had Covid.

So chins up everyone, just carry on as we sensible peopel have been

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Monday 19 July 21 09:59 BST (UK) »
Well seemingly a new vaccine COVID-19 and flu combined is to be manufactured and the contract has gone to China, , in the germ warfare lab in Wuhan!!!
Someone please tell me this is a figment of someone’s disordered mind!

This is what comes of casual passing the time of day encounters over the garden fence!

Well I wanted a dog and almost had one this morning, but it had eight legs, I blundered into a thread from a spider’s web across the path. I tried to wipe it away with my hand but it would not go and there was the spider running up it to get me !Like a naughty dog on the end of a lead.
I had to wipe my hand free of the thread on a concrete fence post.
It was a big fat one and possibly I had ruined the nest a female was preparing for the millions of little ones you see .
I needed a cuppa after that.

I knew my marriage had failed when three weeks in I was cleaning the front step and there was a big spider, I don’t kill them so shouted for my husband to come and move it, there was football on the radio, so no, he did not come to rescue me.
I brought that up from time to time. !

Hot day again and I watered last night but again this morning ,low under plants so no scorching of leaves.
I hope!
Look after yourselves everyone and a speedy recovery to those who post and are ill and the loved ones of diarists who are struggling with health problems.

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday 19 July 21 10:03 BST (UK) »
Mowsehouse
My friend holidaying near you says it is very hot, my brother who lives in Teignmouth has gone to Scotland so it is most likely cooler there, but the midges ???

Don't want it too hot when I travel down south, do your best Mowsehouse

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Monday 19 July 21 11:50 BST (UK) »
LM: It has been blistering here, and the beaches are rammed.

VIKTORIA, I really hope that is fake news.  :o

BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.