Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 18th July 2021
« Reply #63 on: Monday 19 July 21 13:00 BST (UK) »
Yes so do I!
The person also said China are getting the monopoly on copper ,so I will be over run with slugs and snails .
 Who starts these rumours  - but can you see people agreeing to having it considering its supposed origin if that rumour spreads.?
A bit like the false rumours re pork fat and beef fat in the vaccine which discouraged many people from having it and they were very vulnerable too.

I ought to have asked from whence it came!

Gosh it is hot , I can’t muster up any energy but then I ought not to,if I follow the advice to heart patients..too hot no good and too cold no good.

Hey Ho!
Lack a day, woe is me! Etc etc.
A ham butty for lunch , then I have decided to re organise my wardrobes.
All good coats and jackets in one, best trousers and skirts in another ,blouses dresses and tops in the third and everyday pants and jackets etc in the fourth .
I also need to put an indelible B or N on the labels of my good stuff ,pants especially as I can’t tell the difference between black and navy.

Oh life is full of problems .
Cheerio ,and remember it is only a garden fence rumour!

Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 19 July 21 13:45 BST (UK) »
The  newspapers  today  showed the  beaches  rammed and  then they  will wonder why  the  numbers will rise, I don't  have patience  with those  who  haven't  obeyed the other  rules
Viktoria, I  now  can't  tell the  difference  between black  and  navy, think  I  will take  your tip
My nephew  who  was  blind had  his cleaner  put    a  button on all his  black  shirts where  no   other  buttons  were, what  a  good idea

Keep  cool MH and  all those  in sweltering heats

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 19 July 21 14:09 BST (UK) »
Well done Viktoria sorting out your wardrobes on such a hot day too… it always takes an age as you need to try things on to see if
a) they still fit
b) you still like them
c) are they out of date
d) need any repairs doing
e) washing & ironing…

It’s to hot for all that!

I hope it is fake new re the covid/flu vaccine being produced in China…. Although I did notice the lateral flow test kits we’ve got came from China!!!

MH - so sorry to hear your beaches are heaving…. Think I might be keeping well away as I know you will too…

Very hot here today but sadly need to do some cooking 😩😩 picked lots beetroot and ham joint to cook and cakes for tomorrow mornings usual coffee with neighbours/friends…. Might have melted by the end of the a/noon.
Was planning to do it this morning but got an early out of the blue message from my son in Brisbane to say they’d just put in an offer and been accepted for house and 4 acres down in Birkdale… about 10 mins from where they are now… gobsmacked or what… it’s in a protected area backing onto countryside that is Koala country too.
Just need to sell their house at $1.6 million 😳 seems a shame after all the work he’s done on the pool house recently but their neighbour whose built a 4 story concrete car park ( house) covering the entire plot has 4 noisy children with their pool suspended from level two parallel with my sons  living area…. So keeping fingers crossed they get a quick sale….

Right can’t put it off any longer into the kitchen then….
Take care everyone and stay safe…
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 19 July 21 17:28 BST (UK) »
Viktoria, your black/navy conundrum reminded me of a very embarrassing incident at work some years ago. I had bought two pairs of similar court shoes, one black pair and one navy - I’m sure you can guess the rest🤣. I nearly got away with it until my supposed best friend exclaimed very loudly “you’ve got odd shoes on”. Still love her to bits though.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 19 July 21 17:42 BST (UK) »
Pinterest
I did the same  going to a funeral, luckily I just  had enough time to come  home and change  but  the  deceased  would  have  loved it if I  had turned  up at  his funeral in odd  coloured shoes

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 19 July 21 17:45 BST (UK) »
Now my OH was colour blind with beiges fawns and soft greys ,as is my second son ( hope you are sitting down —-) he worked fir the MOD after Uni for a while ! Tanks and ballistics!
I admired a pair of Khaki pants he had in an olive gree khaki but his shirt was a Sandy beige, he truly thought they were the same colour .
My OH regularly appeared wearing a grey and a  beige sock ,if told with total  sang froid he’d say “ I have another pair at home just like these!”
I had to pair them up for him ,he thought he was helping when I was folding washing etc!
It was a good job we were never invaded, he would have put the kettle on!
Viktoria.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 19 July 21 17:49 BST (UK) »
Just quick as I will have to get started getting ready to go to nightshift soon ..
Candleflame, I am sorry to read of the pain your husband has been suffering, I hope he did get his appointment.  How relieved he will feel when this gets sorted out.

Roobarb, this is good news that some of your appetite has come back.  Also, what a lovely, kind and thoughtful friend you have to leave you flowers.  It is nice to read about uplifting things like this.

It feels quite hard to keep up with everything on here when I am on nightshifts so I haven't really caught up with everything yet ..
Take care everyone. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 19 July 21 21:50 BST (UK) »
Evening everyone
Thanks for the good wishes for my husband. Had a bit of a saga but he has been seen today !
Had to ring at 9am and of course it was busy. So we did a two phone ringing with him on the house phone and me on my mobile. I called the number 36 times ( phone tells you these things ) and husband rang it about 25 times just cos the house phone is slower.
Mobile connected first so he sat waiting till he made it to the front of the queue. Needless to say all the emergency appts had gone for today and to phone back tomorrow at 9am….Husband has high blood pressure so you can imagine how he was feeling by then. However staff member was lovely and said she had my mobile number and if they got a cancellation she’d ring us. About half an hour later it rang with a cancellation at 12.it must have been you rootschatters sending good wishes that did it!

Upshot is he has antibiotics and he’ll need a follow up appt probably not available till late August then two teeth extracting probably in late September. They are very busy. But he’s been seen and has the abx so we’re relieved about that.
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 19 July 21 22:05 BST (UK) »
Good result Candleflame

I stood at  my surgery this  morning to collect a prescription that  was not at the  chemist, I held the queue but but the receptionist was on the phone to someone who would  not take  no for an answer after she had explained what the person should do  over and over  again, she was so patient, if an appt is  needed we have to ring at 8am,  she  told so many people  my guess is one would  be lucky to get an appointment

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London