Author Topic: Trying to locate grave of Grandmother - Scotland  (Read 1814 times)

Offline diane747

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to locate grave of Grandmother - Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 November 21 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
just an update re trying to find my grandmother's burial place, and a request for more help, if possible. 

Unfortunately I have had no luck, through all the channels above.  Bereavement Services (Fife) did a check and have advised there was no card raised for her by Fife Council.  They also did a check of lairs with no luck.  Kirkcaldy Crematorium also did a check of cemeteries with no luck either.

In looking through the Fife Free Press further, I found an acknowledgement of her death from the family that thanks a Rev A. Morton Price, and I have found that he conducted services at E U Congregational Church, Pathhead.  I am wondering if perhaps he conducted her funeral service and whether there might be a cemetery there where she may be buried. 

Can anybody shed any light on this for me please?

The good news is that I have been able to locate some relatives in Scotland and England, which has been absolutely wonderful.  However, because my grandmother died in 1942 at such a young age (and it apparently wasn't spoken about much), the relatives who have been receptive to our contact don't have any idea about where she was buried, and others (who may or may not know) are not receptive to our contact/sharing information at this time. 

I'm really at a loss so if anyone has any ideas of where to try next, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Diane