Author Topic: Different Mother's Name  (Read 1583 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Different Mother's Name
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 18 July 21 23:58 BST (UK) »
So that rules her out ???

I see that on reply 3 on the other thread you confirm Albert was Richards son which means he was 25 yrs old when your friend was born - is that correct?  If she was in contact with her father she would presumably also have contact with her brother
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 July 21 02:50 BST (UK) »
So that rules her out ???

I see that on reply 3 on the other thread you confirm Albert was Richards son which means he was 25 yrs old when your friend was born - is that correct?  If she was in contact with her father she would presumably also have contact with her brother

The memorial on FindaGrave could possibly be an error when stating husband was named John.

Can only find one John Aston who was a boatman in the area but he was married to an Alice and she was still alive in 1939??

I would be purchasing the death certificate of Jane Aston died 1926 to confirm what is on death certificate, informant etc.   Seems somewhat of a coincidence that a Jane Aston, wife of a boatman (John per Findagrave) died Wolverhampton at the time Lily was born who was daughter of a boatman and whose mother died.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 July 21 11:29 BST (UK) »
Please note I have asked the moderator to consider merging this post with previous one

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=849215.0
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 July 21 15:28 BST (UK) »
According to Lily (aged 95) she had a brother Albert 1910 mother's maiden name Williams.  A sister Violet born 1920 mother's maiden name Williams.  Lily mother's maiden name Hayward, according to the birth certificate. I have just looked at Lily's birth certificate and she was born at 17 Montrose Street, Wolverhampton.  In the 1891 and 1901 census a Jane Williams lived there with her father George Williams. Could she be Lily's mother?  Lily thinks there might have been George & Edward, she was 2 when she was adopted so can't quite remember. The only marriage I could find for Richard Aston was the one in Chester Christ Church 30th Sep 1907.  Lily always thought her mother was Jane Williams.  Unfortunately we went down the wrong path we think. On Violet's marriage certificate she has put Richard Aston as her father. Is there any marriage for Richard Aston and Jane Williams, apart from the Chester one?  I thought that if I was going to look for a new person I would have to start a new topic, which I have done because I didn't think people would know that I have asked a new question. My apologies.
Kind regards
Heather
  :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 19 July 21 16:09 BST (UK) »
mother's maiden name Hayward, according to the birth certificate she was born at 17 Montrose Street, Wolverhampton. 

In the 1891 and 1901 census a Jane Williams lived there with her father George Williams.

Heather

I've just looked at the 1901 census you mention for Jane Williams, 24 Montrose Place
father George mother Margaret 42 siblings Elizabeth 16, George 12 , Gertrude 6, Jno Henry 4 & Thomas 1
1901 https://www.familysearch.org/search/ark:/61903/1:1:XSQ2-GSM

I think that this is the same Williams family on the 1911 census different address
it looks as if daughter Jane has married and has a son named Harry MORRIS age 3

1911 https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XW7B-Q7V
George Williams 51
Margeret Lucy Williams Wife 52
Jane MORRIS Daughter married 24 Wolverhampton
George Williams Son 21
John Henry Williams Son 14
Thomas Williams Son 11
Lily May Williams Daughter 6
Gertrude Williams Daughter  16
Harry Morris  3 Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

EDIT to add

this appears to be the marriage entry

Jane WILLIAMS
Dec 1906 Wolverhampton Volume:   6b Page:   1169
males names on same page
Harry MORRIS
John Paterson

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 19 July 21 16:20 BST (UK) »

A sister Violet born 1920 mother's maiden name Williams.

On Violet's marriage certificate she has put Richard Aston as her father.

Have you got this birth certificate to confirm her mother's first name?

When & where did Violet marry?

Could you give some details for the m/c
an address
father's occupation
was he noted as deceased?
Were the witnesses perhaps family members ?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 July 21 16:25 BST (UK) »
You said that Lily had met up with her “real dad” many times.  How old was she - child or adult?  Is she sure his name was Richard?

Has she actually met both Violet & Albert & confirmed they are her biological siblings or is it supposition from research?

There is a 1918 marriage for James Aston to Jane E Williams in Wolverhampton

Offline Heather58

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 19 July 21 22:02 BST (UK) »
Lily was 21 when she was told she was adopted I will have to ask her how old she was when she met her dad, she has a photo of him.  Violet Aston (born 23/3/1920 Wolverhampton) married Edward Arnold Chitty Senior now here is another tale.  Violet didn't have much of a life, if you look at the 1939 register you will see her. The story is that Violet had an affair with Edward Arnold Chitty son of Edward Arnold Chitty Senior.  The son was EAC junior was married to Lillian Tatler (another lady with a sad life) Anyway EAC junior & Violet had a son Alfred A Chitty born 1955 died 14//3/2018 Willenhall, Staffs.  Lily remembers going to visit Violet she lived in a caravan with an old man. On Violet's marriage she is 38 and EAC Senior is 74 a Widower his occ was a Packer in a Flour Mill, Father. John Richard Chitty Painter & Decorator. Violet's dad Richard Aston Occ a Labourer. They lived at 130 Sweetman St, Wolverhampton.  Albert the son wrote to Lily and asked if she would visit him in prison but she declined and never kept the letter. I see in 1891 Montrose St Wolverhampton there is a George Williams with a daughter Jane 1887 and 1901 the same family so I now wonder if the marriage in Chester for Richard ASHton who married Jane is correct? Her father is George Williams.  I have asked Lily if it is ok for me to send the death certificate for Jane Aston and she said yes - what do you experts advise. Just one more thing I can't find Richard Aston's death.
thank you all - my head is pickled don't  know how you all do it.
Kind regards
Heather :)
Warburton, Ackerley, Foxley, Gerrards, Buckley, Totty, Woodworth, Parkes, Bingley, Meredith, Gill, Royle all Cheshire, Pritchard,  Roberts, Caernarfonshire. Ingham, Roberts in Denbigh

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 19 July 21 22:54 BST (UK) »
You may want to take a look at the 1939 entry for Albert Aston b 1910 living in Middlesex