Author Topic: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021  (Read 5131 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Summary - Week ending 25th July 2021
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 July 21 17:43 BST (UK) »
Ask an economist what we should do. Ask an epidemiologist what we should do. We would get two very different answers. Ask a pub landlord what we should do. Ask a bus driver what we should do. Different answers again. ...
It's a difficult balance, isn't it?
It's down to us now.

Trystan

Hello All

I am very sorry to hear of those of you who are ill, have ill spouses or family and those worried about family and friends who are ill.

Trystan, a summary of your main points (quoted) sums up the current dilemma!

I know what our GPs would opt for! My last recent encounter with a GP ... he opened the door and was effectively in a washable clothing with white wellie bottoms and spoke to me through a full facial visor and a mask.

This thought crossed my mind ... Am I in a Doctor's Surgery or a contaminated nuclear waste facility?

Unfortunately, a skin itch began whilst I still had a severe cough (I thought my skin itching was a coincidental change in washing powder, but it didn't go with rewashing with my old powder brand). I was prescribed skin treatment which made little difference, then suddenly I suffered an 'inflammatory response' March 2020, which was a substantial immune response. It took months to calm down and prescriptions had little effect. It was made worse again last Summer 2020 by insect bites in the garden ... Twenty-nine blood tests, 2 referrals to hospital for scans later, it is not over, but I feel more hopeful.

Had a right range of bizzare health problems, a few serious, caused by the immune response, the original virus having gone.

So I'm surprised mask wearing and distancing has gone, we already know this works extremely well. UK deaths were zero after the first Lockdown.

Hoping time will be a good healer and in the meantime I continue to pray that I will through this.

All the best, Mark

Added: one of my GPs has said my early 2020 illness was a strain of influenza.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 19 July 21 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hah! This takes me back to a memory from last year when the hairdresser reopened.  When I went to make the appointment the hairdresser was all kitted out from head to foot, wearing a long white overall, full face visor etc.  She reminded me of a doctor or a nuclear fall out worker.
I said "You look like a doctor".  Not that there is anything wrong with this but she looked a bit taken aback.
Next time I saw her on the day of appointment, she looked a bit more 'normal'.  Perhaps she felt the 'doctor' look might have been off putting to her clients (although, it wasn't and I almost wished I had kept my mouth shut).

That's good that you feel more hopeful Mark.  Time can often be a good healer and I hope things continue to get better for you.  All best wishes.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 July 21 21:29 BST (UK) »
I am truly apprehensive, longing to see family but not even at the back of my mind ,very much at the front, I feel absolutely sure the rise in numbers will
be astronomical.
How can the lockdown be ended when everyday hospital admissions double?

Again Andy Burnham talked sense.
Don’t always agree with him but as far as Covid 19 is concerned he has been pretty well on the ball.
This is all premature , so many unvaccinated people still, being a covert little HitlerI would make it enforceable for those unvaccinated by choice , to protect those like Roobarb ,vaccinated,careful , yet she has it!

We pussy foot around things like this , we all have human rights but when people’s rights are violated by non vaccinated by choice people ,sorry
it is time to make vaccination mandatory .

We are not at the end, it is not even the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end or something like that .

I am not changing anything .
It won’t be easy when others are behaving differently and I am now really fed up with the isolation and difficulties which ensue from the necessary restrictions ,but as with others I have
 three generations after me to consider, I have had a long life and they deserve theirs.
Viktoria.

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 09:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you for good wishes folks.

I've just received a text message to say that my PCR test was positive. No surprise to me of course. Woke up coughing early morning but I'm pleased to say I haven't got up and coughed my insides up this morning like I have every other day. (Sorry, hope that's not too graphic!). Feeling exhausted but hopefully starting on the road to recovery.

I spoke to a friend yesterday who said she'd been down to our High Street and that most people were wearing masks in the shops and quite a lot wearing them outside. I was pleased to hear that. The local news reports also indicate that a lot of people are continuing wearing masks in supermarkets and other shops.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 10:43 BST (UK) »
Well folks,  i  have  some really  good news this morning  but  not  from  the person concerned, from her mother, my  lovely  granddaughter  has  got what  what  she wanted  from her university degree, now  she  ìs  following  it  up with  a masters,  about  time  there  was  some  good news, how  about other RC's with family getting their results?

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 11:45 BST (UK) »
Roobarb so pleased to hear you’re feeling a bit better today, hope it continues.

LM, congratulations to your granddaughter, it’s great that she will now be able to continue with her chosen next step.  It is as you say lovely to have good news and I think everyone in education has done so well to persevere with so much disruption (not forgetting all the other walks of life too of course). You must be very proud.

I’ve already mentioned my son’s good news and had some lovely comments from Rootschatters. Thank you all for you kind words.

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 11:55 BST (UK) »
Yes Pinetree, the  youngsters  have  had  a  difficult year, no face  to face, all online  or  when  they  could  get  into  the library , hope  things  improve  for  all next  term.

Congrats  to  all

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 13:29 BST (UK) »
Good to hear you’re not feeling quite so bad today Roobarb… let’s hope that you’re on the turn now and the worst is behind you 🤞🤞

LM - Wonderful news for your granddaughter has achieved through this adversity and moving on with her life… we’ll done to her and we all need good news…

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 14:02 BST (UK) »
LM great to hear your granddaughters good news. Well done her.
We went to Asda for our shop today and most people were wearing masks, including us. The weirdest thing was the blobs on the floor near the checkouts had gone to keep distance , yet folk were still keeping back as if they were still there yet the queues were actually shorter! This is despite there having changed many checkouts to these self ones without a staff member. We always wait for a staffed one . You could tell it was sunny weather though - the soft drinks aisle and the ice lollies fridges had been decimated !
North East of England