Author Topic: Mystery Photo  (Read 526 times)

Offline KittyCat1968

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mystery Photo
« on: Tuesday 20 July 21 19:38 BST (UK) »
Some time ago, I bought a photo frame, from a charity shop. When I opened it up, there was a photo inside with an addressed envelope. I presume the name on the envelope relates to the man on the photo. The photo would have been taken before 1929. Through my research,I have found out that the company of H A Blake ceased to operate after 1929. I have yet to find out, what division, 72C relatesl to, but the name on envelope is Mike Miller (Micheal). He resided at Westbury Fields in Bristol. A development owned by St Monica's Trust.
I need help with age of photo and about anyone that may know the division that Mr Miller was in. I would love to return the photo to the original family.
Trying to upload the photo but the file is too big. If I can upload it somewhere and provide a link.
Newman
Prince
May
Cumner
Hall
Pelley
Curtis

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Photo
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 19:48 BST (UK) »
It's definitely a mystery - where is it?  ;D 

Freebmd shows a birth in 1886 for a Michael Miller but all other births in Gloucs for that name were from 1927 onwards.  The 1886 Michael was still alive in 1939 & can be found on the 1939 register

The name on the envelope may not be connected to the photo and given that over 90yrs have gone by  Mr Miller will be long dead.  Have you checked old electoral registers for the address?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline KittyCat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 20:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol
I am trying to upload and the address on the envelope, did not exist until recent years. It is a retirement development. I know the area, as I worked there for years. I was wondering whether the man on the photo was born in another area, adjacent to our county. I am hoping by some sort of miracle, that a family member my see this photo and recognise.

Freebmd shows a birth in 1886 for a Michael Miller but all other births in Gloucs for that name were from 1927 onwards.  The 1886 Michael was still alive in 1939 & can be found on the 1939 register

The name on the envelope may not be connected to the photo and given that over 90yrs have gone by  Mr Miller will be long dead.  Have you checked old electoral registers for the address?
[/quote]

Newman
Prince
May
Cumner
Hall
Pelley
Curtis

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 July 21 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

On Findmypast electrol registers 2012-2021, there is a Michael Miller resident at
John Wills House,
Jessop Crescent,
Bristol BS10 6TU

Resident for 8 years.

As this is part of the Westbury Fields development, is it worth asking them when he died etc.

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Online brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 05:44 BST (UK) »
Lovely thing for you to do.searchimg mystery people may become a time travel detective activity.
Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 08:21 BST (UK) »
Through my research,I have found out that the company of H A Blake ceased to operate after 1929

H A Blake & Co (of Park Street, Bristol) ceased trading in June 1947.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KittyCat1968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 10:05 BST (UK) »
Through my research,I have found out that the company of H A Blake ceased to operate after 1929

H A Blake & Co (of Park Street, Bristol) ceased trading in June 1947.

Thank you Shaun. So I can assume then that the man in the photo, which I will upload when I can make the file smaller, could have indeed been born as late as 1927, because he looks very young on the picture. Like he has only just joined the Police Force.
Thank you.
Newman
Prince
May
Cumner
Hall
Pelley
Curtis