Author Topic: Thomas Emile Laurent- India Marriage Records  (Read 621 times)

Offline Coates09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Emile Laurent- India Marriage Records
« on: Wednesday 21 July 21 17:28 BST (UK) »
I am trying, without any success, to find the marriage of my GGrandfather, Thomas Emile ( aka Edward) Laurent.
Born in 1864 i believe in India although family “legend “ mentions Lyon in France, 🤔 🤷‍♀️ he married Elizabeth Wilhelmina ?? ; who was European, date unknown but could be approx 1890’s. My Grandma Daphne Claudine Laurent, born 1892, ( had 2 husbands ie  Webb and Fitzgerald, both died, ) and Leslie Emile Laurent, son, around 1900’s. Thomas died in 1925 and is buried in Birmingham UK.
After his death, , Elizabeth and Leslie Laurent returned to India in 1925 and Elizabeth died in 1930 in Lonavla.
Thomas had his business in Bombay and they lived in Lonavla, a hill station.
On FIBIS there appears to be other children who did not survive infancy, but I have no details for them or birth certificates.
I would like some help in finding their marriage and possibly other children.
Many thanks
🤞🤞🙏🙏😁

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Coates09

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Emile Laurent- India Marriage Records
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 July 21 21:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you Pauline for your speedy reply.
I know about Daphne, my grandmother, but it is her parents marriage I cannot find ie Thomas Emile Laurent and Elizabeth Wilhemina ? ( surname unknown)
Thomas was a housing agent and had properties in Lonavala . They all lived in Lonavla . Thomas died in 1925 and Elizabeth in 1930, Daphne lived in Lonavla up until 1933 and then upon the death of my grandfather Loftus Fitzgerald , they relocated to  Bombay.
I also cannot find the birth of  Thomas approx 1864. More than likely in India but the family story is he was born in Lyon, France, but I feel that this is not true.