Author Topic: Looking for Florence Stewart  (Read 1065 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Florence Stewart
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 07:49 BST (UK) »
Jonw65, the family records are the family trees transcribed by  my deceased Stewart cousin. He employed UK genealogist around 1970/80s to follow up the family history. The last of the great aunts died in 1961 and his father was also interested in his immediate family. Florence's name appears regularly in all his family tree records over time as well as the date of birth/death in his later ones.

In what contexts does this happen?
Are their "living memory" references?

There was an age difference between William STEWART and his wife Emily. It is possible that Florence was a relative of his and nurtured or fostered by William and Emily. Perhaps she saw them as her  parents.

That she does not appear on census records with them is not proof she had no connection.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AntonP

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Florence Stewart
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 12:24 BST (UK) »
Sue
I am not sure I can answer your question adequately as my cousin who went into the family history in great depth employing genealogists is now deceased. Although I just get the impression looking at the trees he drew up over a period of years as far as his great grand parents and great aunts were family memories later reinforced by either bdm certificates except of course for Florence.
Going back to about 1700 no female family member was called Florence and certainly William Stewart did not have a sister called Florence.
Anton