Author Topic: Trying to find info on Robert H Haward and William Thomas Williams. please .  (Read 742 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find info on Robert H Haward and William Thomas Williams. please .
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 31 July 21 14:49 BST (UK) »
William Thomas Williams born aprox 1900 Glamorgan wales died aprox late 1960s to early 1970s somewhere near London ,his wife was Ruby Ball from Ogmore terrace Nantymoel Bridgend, I am at a brick wall and can't find were thay came from and I'm hoping the forum can help thank you from mel .

Have you purchased this marriage certificate as it should name their fathers
To Rosie From mel thank you for your help
Marriage Mar qtr 1920   
Ball,    Ruby   
Williams,    William T   
Bridgend    11a   1599
[/quote
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Horgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find info on Robert H Haward and William Thomas Williams. please .
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 July 21 15:57 BST (UK) »
William Thomas Williams born aprox 1900 Glamorgan wales died aprox late 1960s to early 1970s somewhere near London ,his wife was Ruby Ball from Ogmore terrace Nantymoel Bridgend, I am at a brick wall and can't find were thay came from and I'm hoping the forum can help thank you from mel .

Marriage Mar qtr 1920   
Ball,    Ruby   
Williams,    William T   
Bridgend    11a   1599

Marriage Mar qtr 1920   
Ball,    Ruby   
Williams,    William T   
Bridgend    11a   1599
[/quote
It is not generally a good idea to do one post with queries on different people. 

You don't say what sort of information you are after.  WW2 records are still with the MOD and cost £30 to obtain.  Freebmd allows you to find any children born to the marriages.
Hi the info I can't find is the mother and father's I seam to of drawn a blank page

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 31 July 21 16:53 BST (UK) »
Quote..

Hi the info I can't find is the mother and father's I seam to of drawn a blank page.

The parents of Ruby are James Thomas Ball & Elizabeth Horgan They married 1889 Pembroke)

The parents of Robert Henry Hayward are George H Hayward & Edith M J Nicolas (They married 1917 Keynsham)

The parents of Ebba C D E Abbott are Albert Abbott & Mabel A F Buglar(They married 1912 Blandford

William Thomas William's parents-still trying to determine but believe his parents  could be James & Maria, still requires further investigation

John

Offline Horgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 31 July 21 17:18 BST (UK) »
Quote..

Hi the info I can't find is the mother and father's I seam to of drawn a blank page.

The parents of Ruby are James Thomas Ball & Elizabeth Horgan They married 1889 Pembroke)

The parents of Robert Henry Hayward are George H Hayward & Edith M J Nicolas (They married 1917 Keynsham)

The parents of Ebba C D E Abbott are Albert Abbott & Mabel A F Buglar(They married 1912 Blandford

William Thomas William's parents-still trying to determine but believe his parents  could be James & Maria, still requires further investigation

John
thank you so much John the info will be a grate help to get me on the right tree thank you from mel

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 31 July 21 19:28 BST (UK) »
Horgan, are you wanting any ancestry on James Thomas Ball and his ancestors.

John

Offline Horgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find info on Robert H Hayward and William Thomas Williams. please
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 31 July 21 21:30 BST (UK) »
Horgan, are you wanting any ancestry on James Thomas Ball and his ancestors.

John
Hi John yes I'm allso looking for info on James thomas Ball ,I do know his wife was Elizabeth Horgan thay are my grate grandparents, and my photo is of both of them in there garden. Thank you from mel

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 01 August 21 12:03 BST (UK) »
Horgan, firstly do you subscribe to either Ancestry or Findmypast as there are a lot of records available for James Thomas Ball. These include census records for him from 1871/81/91/1901/11 and 1939 war register. There are also available images of his military career.
He is on occasions referred to as Thomas or just James. He was one of 12 children born to Francis Ball and Emma (Louisa) Mascall/Maskell who married 25.12.1850 Hartlebury Worcs.

Let me know if yousubscibe before I post any more details.

John

Offline Horgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 01 August 21 15:27 BST (UK) »
Horgan, firstly do you subscribe to either Ancestry or Findmypast as there are a lot of records available for James Thomas Ball. These include census records for him from 1871/81/91/1901/11 and 1939 war register. There are also available images of his military career.
He is on occasions referred to as Thomas or just James. He was one of 12 children born to Francis Ball and Emma (Louisa) Mascall/Maskell who married 25.12.1850 Hartlebury Worcs.

John
Hi John yes I am on Ancestry and find my past allso I use myheritage and familytree, but I have not subscribed to them ,the only info I have on my grandfather James thomas Ball is he may of worked down the mines in Glamorgan but iv not herd if he was in the military but I'll have a look in that area ,iv found the name Francis Ball and Emma mascall/maskell !and my sister has said the Ball,s were English and the Horgans were from clonakilty cork ireland,I have found some of Elizabeth,s sister and brother went to Australia ie Catherine and James!,and iv found some of the decent,s of the children of Elisabeth and James Ball ie Frank Ball,s tree and I know we're winifred Ball is buried and  Eileen Ball Francis Ball I remember as a child and Ruby wiiliams born  Ball was my grandmother ,were I'm stuck is I have know info on Ruby,s husband william thomas williams it's like he never existed, as for my grate grandfather James thomas Ball I can't find much and the military part is a revelation ,thank you for your help from mel.

Offline Horgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 01 August 21 18:01 BST (UK) »

John
Hi John yes I am on Ancestry and find my past allso I use myheritage and familytree, but I have not subscribed to them ,the only info I have on my grandfather James thomas Ball is he may of worked down the mines in Glamorgan but iv not herd if he was in the military but I'll have a look in that area ,iv found the name Francis Ball and Emma mascall/maskell !and my sister has said the Ball,s were English and the Horgans were from clonakilty cork ireland,I have found some of Elizabeth,s sister and brother went to Australia ie Catherine and James!,and iv found some of the decent,s of the children of Elisabeth and James Ball ie Frank Ball,s tree and I know we're winifred Ball is buried and  Eileen Ball Francis Ball I remember as a child and Ruby wiiliams born  Ball was my grandmother ,were I'm stuck is I have know info on Ruby,s husband william thomas williams it's like he never existed, as for my grate grandfather James thomas Ball I can't find much and the military part is a revelation ,thank you for your help from mel.
iv found some info James thomas Ball,s occupation was a collier in the Welsh mines in Wales his son allso called James thomas Ball 2nd may of been the one that was in the military.