Author Topic: GRO order for PDF certificate - help needed  (Read 362 times)

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
GRO order for PDF certificate - help needed
« on: Friday 06 August 21 09:09 BST (UK) »
I have used this service before but I am having a bit of a "moment" with my latest order.  When I look up the order it says it was dispatched on 4 August but I have not received the usual email notification yet and I can't see the view PDF button for the life of me.  The only button next to the order is view details which just takes me to the order details.

Have I missed something or do I have to wait for the email notification before I can download the certificate?

Pinetree
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GRO order for PDF certificate - help needed
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 August 21 09:33 BST (UK) »
Its now happened a few times with orders I have placed. Though all of them eventually triggered an email and I could download the pdf, its frustrating.

I contacted them the first time it happened, but had the same thing happen last week and the links to their contact forms gave me an error message (too many redirects or something).

Its some sort of glitch (that they don't seem to want to know about/act to resolve) and as far as I can tell the documents will be available within a few days - I assume they must do some sort of weekly update of the entire system that triggers what should have happened in the first place.

Boo

Offline Pinetree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: GRO order for PDF certificate - help needed
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 August 21 09:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gadget.

By coincidence the email notification arrived just as I was reading the other threads you mentioned and low and behold the view PDF button has appeared.  I can hear my son now "patience mother"  ;D

Well worth ordering too as it gives an alternative name for this elusive individual.

Thanks for your reply as well Boo, nice to know it's not just me.

Pinetree

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk