Author Topic: Anti-vaxxers' arguments  (Read 5955 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-vaxxers' arguments
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 August 21 22:54 BST (UK) »
Well apparently, according to a friend, she said her son has read on FB that having the vaccine makes a certain part of the male anatomy shrink!

He read that wrong, it is the possible effect of having covid that can cause the problem.

That's interesting - so in fact an argument for having the vaccine.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 August 21 15:37 BST (UK) »
Could someone please explain to me how some anti-vaxxers can claim that ' all vaccinated people will be dead in three years'.

How can they possibly accept this when three years ago nobody had even heard of Covid let alone a vaccine for it.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 August 21 15:40 BST (UK) »
Could someone please explain to me how some anti-vaxxers can claim that ' all vaccinated people will be dead in three years'.

How can they possibly accept this when three years ago nobody had even heard of Covid let alone a vaccine for it.

Rishile
Because they only believe conspiracy theories. All of the rest of the world is part of the conspiracy, proving to them that they are right.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 August 21 16:00 BST (UK) »
Had a posting in an IOM Facebook Group yesterday, wanting to know about problems and side effects of vaccinations.
She mentioned all the vaccines currently in use: Pfizer, AZ, Moderna, etc, etc.

Virtually every reply said "No problems with AZ".

Then I pointed out the in IOM we have only had Pfizer and AZ!
Asked if she was trolling - then thread got removed/deleted ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 13 August 21 17:19 BST (UK) »

Rishile
Because they only believe conspiracy theories. All of the rest of the world is part of the conspiracy, proving to them that they are right.

They mistrust "Big Pharma", governments, experts, scientists, "mainstream media". They hate, among others, Bill Gates and Dr. Anthony Fauci.
They don't believe proven facts or opinions from experts which don't fit their theories. They "prefer to do their own research" which seems to mean they pay attention only to sources which bolster their views.
2 explanations of conspiracy theories. The first was written pre-COVID.
https://www.wired.com/story/wired-guide-to-conspiracy-theories/
https://thebristolmag.co.uk/conspiracy-theories/
There is some deliberate dis-information about COVID vaccines.
Some people are genuinely suspicious of COVID vaccines. They need unbiased information from reliable sources but instead they are getting the opposite.
One well-known American anti-vaxxer couple have been anti conventional medicine for a long time. They promote alternative methods. (If I'd followed their advice I probably wouldn't be alive.) They donate money from their profits to other anti-vaxxers. They allied themselves with certain political groups, some of whom believe in conspiracy theories.

I've been called a "shill", suspected of being a government plant, accused of turning a blind eye to paedophilia ???, and received rude comments, all because I put my trust in proven facts, checked sources for reliability and explained what statistics, incorrectly interpreted by others, really meant. The worst insult, as far as I was concerned was that I didn't know how to research!  Excuse me, I was trained how to research, I have certificates to prove it.     
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Cowban

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 13 August 21 19:08 BST (UK) »
   "A linked article on the same website tells me that a simple cure is in my kitchen cupboard."
   Maidenstone - that will be turmeric! ;D
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline youngtug

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
.http://www.rootschat.com/links/05q2/   
  WILSON;-Wiltshire.
 SOUL;-Gloucestershire.
 SANSUM;-Berkshire-Wiltshire
 BASSON-BASTON;- Berkshire,- Oxfordshire.
 BRIDGES;- Wiltshire.
 DOWDESWELL;-Wiltshire,Gloucestershire
 JORDAN;- Berkshire.
 COX;- Berkshire.
 GOUDY;- Suffolk.
 CHATFIELD;-Sussex-- London
 MORGAN;-Blaenavon-Abersychan
 FISHER;- Berkshire.
 BLOMFIELD-BLOOMFIELD-BLUMFIELD;-Suffolk.
DOVE. Essex-London
YOUNG-Berkshire
ARDEN.
PINEGAR-COLLIER-HUGHES-JEFFERIES-HUNT-MOSS-FRY

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 14 August 21 15:22 BST (UK) »

Rishile

Claimed in a video by a darling of conspiracy theorists in April 2021.   
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/michael-yeadon-vaccine-deaths/
Another alleged source was virologist & Nobel Prize Laureate Luc Montagnier, May 2021. This proved to be a hoax. However it had already been spread by a Canadian far-right website. The Canadian website is red-flagged by Media Bias Factcheck for pushing conspiracy theories, pseudo-science + failed fact checks. 
A long list of  COVIDn
Cowban