Author Topic: Posted before . this time for 'renovation' please possibly John Edward Rogers  (Read 1871 times)

Online Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: Posted before . this time for 'renovation' please possibly John Edward Rogers
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 August 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
Very good!  Thank you Pat.     :)

I wonder who he was.     ;)   -   looks to be a nice man anyhow .
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Posted before . this time for 'renovation' please possibly John Edward Rogers
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 August 21 10:39 BST (UK) »
He looks a lovely old man. I tried to make his eyes more twinkly with selective contrast to bring out his sense of fun  ;D

I'd say that he was more than 65 - more 70-75.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 August 21 10:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget - and they do look twinkly too!   :)

- thanks everyone - JF, Gadget and Pat.    Very pleased with the results - sorry you couldn't download/upload it Peter. 

Gadget, I too wondered about the age - how I would love to know who he was.  I can't find anyone else who it could have been - but then again, it could have been someone who wasn't a rellie at all as people often say - just a friend of the family leaving a reminder.   Odd that it has suddenly turned up amongst my Grandmother's /Aunts bits and pieces.    I wonder how long my cousin has had this in her posession?
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 15 October 21 21:40 BST (UK) »
Some lovely restores Wiggy .... what a lovely old soul he appears to be .... Popped in and saw him and had some time on my hands  ... one more for your collection ...
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Online Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 15 October 21 22:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Poll!  Beautiful and yes I would like to have known him I think.  8)

Golly it is a long time since you have been around.  Lovely to 'see' you.
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 16 October 21 00:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Wiggy ... I do pop in  every so often  but life is just so busy ...I  feel there's no time to lose as once you pass the 3 x score and ten mark .... there  just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do all the things I have  got to do !!  ;)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Eggy1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 October 21 15:20 BST (UK) »
Wiggy, I don't know what's going on, but when I try to download your photos the names change from, e.g.,  "??Rogers..." to "Index", accompanied by no picture but many, many pages of garbage like the image below. Perhaps someone more technically minded than I can suggest what's going on. ???

Peter
Peter - just scrolling thru the images and I noticed your comment. I can't fully explain why the image uploaded by Wiggy has a 'php' file extension. I'ts not one I have seen before and these days all I ever see is - doc/docx/png/jpg/jpeg etc. etc. Back in the 1980's I used to be in IT Technical Support and played with (but no expert) with various machine code languages eg. DOS - BASIC. I know the world has moved on since I retired many years ago  and the only thing I can find out about files with an extension of '.php' is that - PHP files are plain-text files that are human-readable. How an image/photo ends up with .'php' I don't know.

All I can add is that it you select the file name of the uploaded image - in this case - ??Rogers 911.jpeg - to download the jpeg file to your system then your system appears to interpret the file as a php machine code readable file - I assume your system does that because of the two ?? at the start of the file name.

On my system I selected the file name and I get also get a download file with a name index.php ( tried it a couple of more times, getting index(1) & index(2)) php files that my system can't load as I don't have the software to interpret the contents of the file. However when I right click on the actual image to get the download options I get a jpg file downloaded.

So if I see any other files starting with '??' I will ignore and use the mouse right click to down load.  :) 

Offline PatBot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 16 October 21 17:06 BST (UK) »
My Effort

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 16 October 21 19:58 BST (UK) »
And one from em, regards, John.