Author Topic: Probates (with wills) / Letters of Administration for Redditch area 1880-1924  (Read 392 times)

Offline drykid

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,

A fairly large number of legal documents related to deaths in the Redditch area from the turn of the last century have recently come into my possession.  There are around two hundred of them in total. The dates covered run from 1880 to 1924 and the areas covered are mainly as follows:

- Redditch
- Webheath
- Alvechurch
- Beoley
- Astwood Bank
- Studley (Warwickshire technically, I know)
- Feckenham
- Headless Cross

(And a few others.)

About half of them are Probates of the Will (with the original wills attached) and the rest are just Letters of  Administration.  It's quite possible that these are all available from archives anyway - freely or otherwise - but as I have these all in one place (before they're disposed of) it seems only fair to see if anyone needs any information from these while they're all still together.

Anyway let me know if there's any deaths from these areas in this date range that you're interested in and I can have a look to see if I have anything.  (Alternatively I could attach a spreadsheet of what is covered, but not sure if that is the appropriate thing to do...)