Author Topic: #38561 David Charles aka Charlie Evans .  (Read 699 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
#38561 David Charles aka Charlie Evans .
« on: Friday 20 August 21 00:27 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Charlie . His full name was David Charles Evans born about 1903 . His father was David Evans . I don't know where he was born . His military number was # 38561 . He was a  Lance Corporal . motor mechanic . I see the initials KR .RC .  In relation to to his position . He survived the WW2. I see mention of the Royal Sussex Reg . I know nothing of him or his family and would like to make contact with anyone related to him . Thanks Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: #38561 David Charles aka Charlie Evans .
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 August 21 01:41 BST (UK) »
Have you found him on the 1939 register?

Have you looked for him on the 1911 census to establish his birthplace?  There are possible matches on both the English & Welsh 1911.  How do you know his birthyear & fathers name?

What is your interest in him if you are not related to him?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 August 21 07:56 BST (UK) »
He is my late aunt first husband . They divorced before 1945 I got his fathers name  and age from marriage certificate . I know he was alive around 1945. I have a personal letter but it does not give me any information . I know nothing more .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 August 21 08:14 BST (UK) »
You have posted on the armed forces page, if it is military information you are after then he would have served after 1920 so his records would still be with the MOD.

If it is other information then you need to tell us who he married and where, also where he was living when you last knew of his whereabouts with dates.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 August 21 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hi , He married Unity Joan Williams at Epping Registears office on 23 rd Nov. 1940 . He lived a 3 Alexander Road (Coulson ?) Surrey . He was 37 . Unity was 22 , she lived at 47 High Bridge Road , Waltham Abbey . My mother remembered him fondly . I would like to find any infomation about him but do not know his birthplace . Thanks Fred .

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 August 21 08:49 BST (UK) »
Considering his place of marriage, there is a likely birth in Islington?

Parents and siblings on 1911 census.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 August 21 08:53 BST (UK) »
We are not  allowed to give information from the 1939 register. But it would be worth your while looking at the address given at his marriage in 1939.

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 August 21 08:56 BST (UK) »
This could be his death. Date of  birth slightly out.

Deaths Jun 1972   (>99%)
Evans    David Charles    16Se1902    Croydon    5a   1587

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 August 21 09:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your ideas . I will get onto it . I was at a bit of a loss because it is fairly common name … . Another long night in lockdown Ed NZ . Thank goodness for genealogy . I will put what I find up here . Fred .