where willI find

the parish registers
0 (0%)
for 1940s
0 (0%)
will they be
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: parish registers  (Read 994 times)

Offline hburgess7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
parish registers
« on: Wednesday 31 August 05 09:52 BST (UK) »
  Where will I find the parish registers for 1930s - 50s ,and what will they show me ? I 'm looking for a lost relative who I may have got the christian name wrong.I can't  find them in the birth records on 1837online, so wondered just what these records show and how do I get to look at them . By the way this is in Wallasey.
               Hilary
Davies  wallasey , liverpool

Offline odessa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: parish registers
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 16:38 BST (UK) »
Hilary,
You need to check the GENUKI web site for Cheshire>Wallasey at  http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/chs/wallasey.html
this will tell you if the records (parish registers) have been deposited with the Cheshire Records Office and are available there for research. If they are, then you can view them there, in original form or on microfilm IF they have been filmed, you can always check with the Records Office by email. If the dates you need are not at the Records Office then the parish register is probably still in use at the appropriate church and you would need to contact the Parish Clerk/Incumbent to see if it is possible to make a search(which there will most likely be a charge for).
It's worth checking to see if your relative is using his or her second christian name i.e. Thomas William SMITH known as William SMITH, this is not such an unusual occurrance, check the BMD indexes again if you think this is possible.
odessa.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk