Author Topic: Christopher Kemp Wells  (Read 500 times)

Offline Candidiasia Ibberrson

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christopher Kemp Wells
« on: Wednesday 25 August 21 08:11 BST (UK) »
Trying to find where My Grandad was before 1939.

I am trying to locate where he may have done his apprenticeship.  CFHS tell me they can no find record to try York and York have rereferred me back.  Where was he in the years before 1939?

Information obtained from:-

Birth Certificate     

Born 19 July Zion Hill, Farm Crayke, Easingwold, Yorkshire Father James Well.,  Occupation Farmer Mother Mary Jane Wells formerly Kemp Birth Registered 29 July 1919     

Marriage Certificate   

Married 8 January 1941 in the parish Church Crayke, Married Muriel Grayson Holland    Christopher Kemp Wells, Full Age (22), Bachelor, Private Army, Crayke, Father James Wells, Farmer    Witnesses: Clifford Richard Tomlin and Olive Edna Wells   

Death Certificate   

Died 10 January 1970, 164 Scots Lane, Coundon.   Occupation and usual address, Builder (Master) 164 Scots Lane, Coventry 19 January 1984, Warren Pearly Nursing Home, 913 Warwick Road, Solihull.    Name of Informant, John Christopher Wells, Son Present at the death.  Cause of Death 1a Carcinoma Bronchus (Lung Cancer)   

Buried at Canley Crem, Coventry Grandad Chris was one of the Master Carpenters that worked on restoring the carvings in the roof of St, Mary's  Guildhall Coventry.  He received an award for this.   

He also served in the Military Private, Royal Engineers in 1941 WW2

1939 Census shows he was living at 42 Kensington Road, Coventry.  Occupation Carpenter Corporation Engineers Dept Heavy Work. Note his name is incorrect Pkristopher Wells

Candis Ibberson nee Wells
Wells of Yorkshire