Author Topic: LARKINS, Robert circa 1766  (Read 671 times)

Offline Pams genealogy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LARKINS, Robert circa 1766
« on: Saturday 28 August 21 05:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all.
A long time dead end for me and I had to have a lot of help to get to this point. I followed and researched the PR's myself as far as I could and got subsequent help with childrens names  from ESRO.
LARKINS TO THIS POINT - Mainly from Gamlingay and Cockayne Hatley. PRs by me.
William Larkins baptised 1789 Waresley Hunts. Confirmation of this and other children of William from ESRO. Married Susannah Trigg - Trigg name injected into childrens names for a couple of generations.
Williams son was Zechariah Trigg Larkins. 
This is the point I look help from the Waresley PR's please
Father Robert Larkins I am fairly sure is the father of William. Robert died Waresley 12/5/1807.
I assume born circa 1766. I am fairly certain William had a brother Robert and he certainly had a son Robert.
The proximity of all of these places and border changes and lack of PR's available put a stop to this lines' research. But thought I would  try again.
many thanks in advance.
Pam Hillier

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: LARKINS, Robert circa 1766
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 August 21 07:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

I am not able to help you with those PR's as I am in Oz.

But I just wanted to query something.

Marriage;
30 Sep 1787, St Bartholomew, Great Gransden
Robert LARKIN of Waresley Parish, Single
Susanna CHANDLER*** of  Great Gransden Parish, Single
Witnesses, Elizabeth THEOBALD/Wm CHADLER
Note; 2nd witness name probably 'Chandler' but says 'Chadler'.

Do you have another Marriage that has Susanna as nee Trigg?

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Pams genealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 August 21 06:29 BST (UK) »
I have confused you or was not succinct, Sorry Trish !!!
Totally aware of the difficulty in PR's as I too am in Oz. Thank goodness for the LDS Family history reels in the past.
Ok I have William's first wife was Susannah Trigg. Married 3/12/1811 Gamlingay. She died 1827 in Cockayne Hatley (they were within cooee of each other from memory, just different counties.)
Married second wife Rebecca Russle (Russell) in 1829 in Cockayne Hatley. Both widowed.....
1841 census has Susannah Larkins 70 living with them......(nee Chandler I assume)
So found the marriage from that of Robert Larkins and Sussana Chandler - as you posted. That is it really, for anything fairly well documented and proven.
This is where I am trying to confirm and prove and possibly move back further.....
But trying to get PR confirmations of Robert Larkins in Waresley? His possible brother Robert and any other siblings for William. Parents from Baptisms....Anything really. From and including William (son) and Robert the father backwards..... naming patterns seem rife in this family. But have only led me around to a certain point. And of course need to prove.
William and Susannah had 13 children and I have all of their baptisms from PR. Most deaths many young.....a few marriages - last three are iffy........Mary, Elizabeth and Thomas.
I hope I have clarified everything. Thanks  Trish and anyone else that has access to Pr's for Waresley Hunts  would love to hear from you.  Also anything on the Chandlers in Great Gransden if I am not pushing the friendship too Much (grin)

Offline Pams genealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 August 21 05:42 BST (UK) »
Interests in the Gamlingay,Cambs, Cockayne Hadley, Beds & Waresley, Hunts areas Larkins, Chandlers, Trigg (s),
also married into Fuller, Peck, Hoddy, Peters, Russle (Russel)
Zechariah Larkins born Cockayne Hadley moved to Egham Surrey
You never know.
Cheers Pam

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 10:31 BST (UK) »
All good Pam.

Sorry its taken a while to reply but havent been on computer for a couple of days.

There is a SUSANNA Chandler bapt 03 Feb 1766 St Leonard, Southoe
Parents WILLIAM/JANE
Abode Midloe
Father a Farmer
Sibling bapt there;
WILLIAM 03 Jan 1764

Likely Jane GOSS/Wm CHANDLER who married there 25 Jun 1762

Now back to Great Grandsen;

Bapts there to WILLIAM/JANE;
JOHN 15 Nov 1771
EDWARD 29 May 1774
ROGER 27 Aug 1775
ROBERT * Mar 1777
JAMES 17 Jan 1779
MARY 21 May 1780 (buried 09 Jun 1780, daug of Wm/Jane)
JAMES 21 May 1780, note; Received, may be the same James baptised Jan 1779

Burial there 03 Sep 1789 of WILLIAM Chandler, Farmer, aff S Eastwell*
+ JANE C, 31 Mar 1809, Widow

All on FreeREG
www.freereg.org.uk

Maybe your Susanna :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 11:29 BST (UK) »
Was the other Susan bapt as Susan TRIG 16 Mar 1794 St Mary the Virgin, Gamlingay?
Parents SAMUEL/MARY

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hopefully someone else can help with your query :)

Offline Pams genealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 September 21 02:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish, thanks for the information. I have notes from somewhere ages ago, narrowing it down between two possible parents. Now that you have given me all this information ..... William and Jane seem to be the most obvious due to proximity to Gr Gransden and naming patterns etc. I will use this info to see what else I can come up with.
It's likely that the other couple John and Sarah are related too.....John is likely Williams brother.
Again the naming patterns come into play here too. Naming patterns are of course NOT proof, just indicators but......
Yes Susannah Trig is the baptism I have. They named their son Zechariah Trigg larkins too.......which was very helpful. I have noted all your information in my gen program. Thanks again.

Offline Pams genealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 September 21 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hey Trish just querying where you got the baptisms, Marriages etc for my Larkins. Two reasons......I can't find them on ancestry and I do like to note where the information comes from
Sorry to be such a pain in the tooshkuss and again thanks hon.
Pam