Author Topic: James FARELL  (Read 309 times)

Offline Griseli

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James FARELL
« on: Monday 30 August 21 13:48 BST (UK) »
This is my great-grandfather:

James FARRELL
- Wife - Margaret O'Brien - Son of Mary and James Farrell, Ireland.

Born - 1857 - Coldraghmore, Longford, Ireland

1901 census – living at Tatlock Street. St Martin In The Field, St Martin, Liverpool.

St Martin in the Fields,
Silvester Street,
Liverpool
Lancashire

United Kingdom, Chelsea Pensioners' Service Records

Death 16 February 1930 West Derby - was knocked down by a Liverpool Corporation motor bus in Lincacre Lane, Bootle - fracture of skull. Death by misadventure - No PM.

I believe he was buried with a headstone indicating James O'Farrell - erected by his daughter Minnie - in Liverpool but I cannot trace the cemetery - I visited his grave as a small child can can still see it - to the best of my memory, there was a tree behind it and it was on a slope...... I could be very wrong.  I believe he was Catholic and therefore possibly buried in Ford Cemetery in Liverpool?  Does anybody have access to Ford Cemetery records?  I know they are held in the RO but as I am outside of the UK would be grateful for any assistance.

Sincere thanks, Lis.
Grisenthwaite
Goldring
Ballard
Farrell

Offline Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: James FARELL
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 August 21 14:19 BST (UK) »
There is a James O'Farrell aged 73 buried Saturday 22nd February 1930 in Ford Cemetery.
Address was 11 Pinnington Avenue and grave number is W D 584. Image on Ancestry.
ADDED
There is also a record with same address and grave number for James Farrell and dated 21st, image available.

Offline Griseli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James FARELL
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 August 21 14:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you I am sure he was buried by his daughter under the name of O'Farrell for some reason - we could never work out why - I will take a look :)
Grisenthwaite
Goldring
Ballard
Farrell