Author Topic: Newport cemeteries  (Read 513 times)

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Newport cemeteries
« on: Tuesday 31 August 21 18:06 BST (UK) »
I have a family member, Edith YELLAND, who died 30 March 1959 at Newport. She was living at Parklands at Malpas, Newport prior to her death. I would like to find out where she was buried; doubt there was a memorial stone. Would there be any way to search for that somehow. Many thanks. Nikkei
NOSWORTHY, HORSWILL, YELLAND, CROCKER, POPE in Devon; NESWORTHY in Durham & Northumberland; FARLEY in Sussex; RICKARD in Cornwall.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline Wred

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newport cemeteries
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 19:17 BST (UK) »
Many years ago I was advised to write with details to St Woolos Cemetery, Basseleg Road as the  central holder of this information for a 1905 burial. Things have probably changed but a call or email to Council should help.
They were very helpful and I was given plot numbers for graves at council cemetery at Christchurch. The staff at Christchurch took me to graves and explained history of cemetery and how  grave markers had changed.

Offline Nikkei

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Newport cemeteries
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 August 21 19:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this. Could you give me a link to the appropriate place. I would need to email as I live in Canada.
NOSWORTHY, HORSWILL, YELLAND, CROCKER, POPE in Devon; NESWORTHY in Durham & Northumberland; FARLEY in Sussex; RICKARD in Cornwall.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.