Author Topic: Death or obit Olive Montgomery, Coagh, after 2001  (Read 1410 times)

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Death or obit Olive Montgomery, Coagh, after 2001
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 January 23 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Ladyhawk and athacliath62. I am thinking that possibly she was born between 1921 and 1933 (when Sarah died) so perhaps her marriage was not before 1948. Or for some reason her birth did not make it onto Irishgenealogy.ie. I will have a look at Groni as well for her birth.

Both IrishGenealogy and GRONI have a 100 year privacy cut-off for births, so if she was born after 1921 her birth is probably to recent to be online on GRONI

(IrishGenealogy only has records for southern Ireland after 1921)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 January 23 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, athacliath62. I did not find Olive‘s birth on GRONI, but I did find three marriage dates for other members of the family, that I didn’t have before, namely Emily, Eliza, and Mary Agnes.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 January 23 18:01 GMT (UK) »

I did not find Olive‘s birth on GRONI, but I did find three marriage dates for other members of the family, that I didn’t have before, namely Emily, Eliza, and Mary Agnes.

I've taken a look again at Record set UK Electoral Registers & Companies House Directors for persons living in Cookstown nothing showing for Olive from 2001 onwards ??? There were some entries of possible siblings I'll send names to you in a PM as not established if they are still living

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 January 23 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Great Ladyhawk. I am thinking that Emily Margaret Stansbie's obit in Birmingham, England, date of death July 14, 2006 might shed some light on the elusive Olive/Gladys Sarah Montgomery.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 January 23 20:59 GMT (UK) »

Both IrishGenealogy and GRONI have a 100 year privacy cut-off for births, so if she was born after 1921 her birth is probably to recent to be online on GRONI

GRONI has births from 1864 to 100 years ago (i.e. current day 1923 in 2023).

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 January 23 21:29 GMT (UK) »
GRONI is the only repository for birth, death and marriage records in Northern Ireland, from 1.1.1922 onwards. (Ancestry and other websites don’t have them).

Births in Northern Ireland within the past 100 years, marriages within the past 75 and deaths within the past 50 aren’t searchable on-line. They are open to the public, just not on-line. If you know all the key details eg exact date and place of birth, parents names etc, you can order a copy of a certificate from GRONI for £15 (sterling). https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk

But if you don’t have all the information, you need to get in touch with GRONI to get a search done.  They will do a 5 year search for £7 and if they find a matching certificate you can purchase it for £8, coming to a total of £15. It will be posted to you a few days later. You pay over the phone using a credit card. You type your number in on the phone keypad. They don’t know what it is.  They won’t deal with these searches and orders by e-mail or post because they need you to type the credit card number in yourself.

Phone: 0300 200 7890 (+44 300 200 7890 from outside the UK)

Elwyn

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 January 23 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Elwyn. I think I made some progress. I found a first marriage for Sarah Gladys Olive Charleton Jan 14, 1947 to John Robinson Glenn. Sarah was age 21 so born 1925. Father John Charlton, van driver which is correct. John Glenn was 38, resident Magherafelt, bachelor, father Charles, deceased school teacher.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 26 January 23 22:35 GMT (UK) »
I think I made some progress.
I found a first marriage for Sarah Gladys Olive Charleton Jan 14, 1947 to John Robinson Glenn. Sarah was age 21 so born 1925.
 Father John Charlton, van driver which is correct.
John Glenn was 38, resident Magherafelt, bachelor, father Charles, deceased school teacher.

That’s great news that you have made progress  :)

There is a Gladys Sarah living Magherafelt, County Londonderry , occupancy 9 years, two other persons UK Electoral Registers & Companies House Directors 2002-2010
edit -  sent a pm to Peggy13 with the other names mentioned on ER and the full address

Was this the correct Gladys Sarah Montgomery living in Magherafelt Londonderry years 2002-2010 on the Electoral Register?

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 26 January 23 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Peggy13 sending you another PM found 2014 ER entry surnames Montgomery/Glenn if the correct persons possible narrow down a death year for Gladys Sarah/Olive