Author Topic: Mary Cripps abt 1766 - Baptism record  (Read 967 times)

Offline pegwill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Cripps abt 1766 - Baptism record
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 June 23 11:43 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Sorry to resurrect this topic again but I have been busy with other Ancestors.

I duly contacted BucksFHS and they provided me with a list of Mary Cripps baptised in Buckinghamshire, alas none was the Mary I was looking for.
Further research shows that there was a Mary Stockley living in Stratton Audley who died in 1834 this would make her DOB 1766 a difference of 8 years on the DOB of Mary Cripps from Padbury.
According to the 1841 Census William Stockley(born 1800 and Family)who I believe  Richard and Mary’s son who at the time of the census is living in Stratton Audley. Just as a coincidence, it also shows Richard Stockley (although the transcript has his name wrong) aged 67 also living in Stratton Audley.
I have tried looking at other public family trees on Ancestry they seem to think it is Mary Cripps of Padbury is likely suspect other than the different DOB I’m not convinced.
I‘m not really how to proceed now, I have tried all the combinations I can think of so am open to any suggestions please.

Regards to All
Pegwill

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 August 23 22:11 BST (UK) »
Taken from OxFHS - Stratton Audley Transcripts CD.

Baptisms to Richard and Mary.
21 Sept 1800 - William.
17 Aug 1802 - Anne.
22 Sep 1805 - John.

Marriage.
22 Sept 1825 - William Stockley to Sarah ?Haines. b.o.t.p. by Banns.  Witnesses - John Nibbs & John Johnson.

Burial.
4 Jan 1846 - Richard Stockley aged 71, of Stratton Audley.  (Birth year c1775)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline pegwill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 25 August 23 09:14 BST (UK) »
Hi bucksboy

Thanks for your continued interest. Your research matches mine. I am trying to find information to see whether or not there is a gravestone inscription that might have some information (currently waiting a reply), although not optimistic as Richard was a Agricultural labourer and headstones cost a lot of money, however we shall see.

There are some comments made that his Father was Thomas Stockley, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. So options are nearly run out now.

Many thanks once again

Pegwill