Author Topic: 1861 Census York - Ronchetti  (Read 4781 times)

Offline philron

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census York - Ronchetti
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 February 10 15:59 GMT (UK) »
I may be able to help as Joseph Ronchetti of York was my great great grandfather. Please contact me (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline sallyronchetti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 October 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
I realise this is a very old post but if I can fill any gaps for you I’d be only to happy to help. 

I have all the Ronchetti family details from Joseph onwards.

Sally Ronchetti

Offline philron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 October 18 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Sally,
Thanks for getting in touch. I am Philip Ronchetti descendant of Pietro Giuseppe Ronchetti who lived in York. I am most interested to communicate with you. Are you connected to the Manchester/ Worcester branch of the family (Barbara Ronchetti?). Can you email me at (*)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Philip

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline sallyronchetti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 March 24 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my husband is a descendant.  Happy to help in any way.

Sally Ronchetti

Offline sallyronchetti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 March 24 17:12 GMT (UK) »
My memory is very poor I dont think we communicated further on this or did we?

I am interested in where Pietro came from as his name in his naturalisation papers was only Joseph.  His son seems to have registered his death adding the name Peter.  I have searched the Como birth records covering the years 1806-1816 and there is no Pietro Guiseppe Ronchetti only one Guiseppe Ronchetti born in 1810 which would match ours.  Maybe Peter was added after he came to England.  I would like to find his grave do you habe any idea where it is?  I have found his sons grave.

Sally

Sally

Offline philron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 March 24 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Pietro Giuseppe came from Tavernerio, a small village a few kilometers east of Como. I do not have proof but it is highly likely, as several other Ronchetti's are known to have come from this place and were instrument makers. His father was possibly named Francesco and his mother Vittoria.
Pietro identified himself in England as either Peter Joseph or simply Joseph. He, his wife Mary Ann and his eldest son Francis are buried in the Victorian section of York cemetery. Sadly the grave is overgrown and the stone is badly deteriorated but the names are quite clear. An adjacent grave contains the remains of Hannah Gee (Mary Ann's sister), and Sophie and Elizabeth two daughters of Pietro and Mary Ann.
I hope this is helpful.

Offline sallyronchetti

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 28 March 24 11:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for replying so quickly.  I will go through the Como birth records again looking for a Taveneiro link.  If you are on ancestry I have some pictures in my tree including a portrait of him and Mary Ann.  I am not sure of their authenticity as it comes from another Ronchetti section.  I have also found a newspaper cutting dissolving a partnership with Joseph Ronchetti and Dominic Poncia in 1835 they were dealing in beads and foreign toys.  He must have gone into an apprenticeship to learn his trade shortly after that.  We are going to visit the lakes this summer and will make a trip to Tavenerio  and when we go to York will certainly look up their resting place.

We have a Ronchetti telescope which came with some details of the Ronchetti family and Tavernerio was mentioned in that.

Sally

Offline philron

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 28 March 24 13:54 GMT (UK) »
The two portraits are authentic and probably wedding portraits. I have written a fairly detailed family history which I would be happy to share with you. It is a Word document in PDF format. If you would like a copy text me your email address to 07989839125.
Philip

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 06 April 24 13:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Philron. you need to remove your telephone number as it breaches the forum's Privacy Policy
to avoid identity theft. The Personal Messaging service is, as it says. for exchanging personal information.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU