Author Topic: "Woodbridge" - NSW 1838  (Read 20645 times)

Offline Shadrach

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: "Woodbridge" - NSW 1838
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 19 November 11 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen,
I would recommend getting a copy of the Surgeon's Journal from the National Library - it is very interesting reading and you can request a copy online.

There are a couple of mentions to your family - on the 6th May Harriet "Harmer" age 5 is recorded as suffering from Dysentery and said to be "cured"
On 18th September, the day the ship arrived in Sydney,  Edward "Harmer" age 1 is recorded as suffering from Dystenery and said to have been "sent on shore".
Shadrach

Hollinshead, Lockett, Downing, Taylor, Symcock,
Jackson, Leighton, Dodd, Boardman, Dean & Kinsey (Staffordshire)
Muddle, Hartshorne, Dickenson, Humphries, Ensbey,
Dwyer, Brindley, Gully, Hall, Williams, Coombes,
O'Connor, Peters (Australia)

Offline lindamaree63

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 30 November 11 02:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am new to this site, so forgive me if I do not do the right thing.  My family tree has been traced back to the "Woodbridge" which arrived in 1838.  There names are Henry & Jane (Chant) Ingram along with 3 of their children, John Thomas 4, Margaret 3 & William 17 months.  Can anyone help me with any details about them and where I might find the passenger list ?

Also, I am interested in finding out more about them before they left Wiltshire England but have no idea how to go about this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Linda

Offline Gwen52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 06:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am new to this site, so forgive me if I do not do the right thing.  My family tree has been traced back to the "Woodbridge" which arrived in 1838.  There names are Henry & Jane (Chant) Ingram along with 3 of their children, John Thomas 4, Margaret 3 & William 17 months.  Can anyone help me with any details about them and where I might find the passenger list ?

Also, I am interested in finding out more about them before they left Wiltshire England but have no idea how to go about this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
At the moment I can not find a photo of the ship

Linda

Image Removed: Only a small portion of the image may be posted for help with handwriting etc.