Author Topic: Parkhurst boy William Litton  (Read 315 times)

Offline coolkelpie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parkhurst boy William Litton
« on: Thursday 02 September 21 01:20 BST (UK) »
William Litton arrived on the Thomas Arbuthnot 1847 Pentonville Exiles but I believe was a Parkhurst Boy trained as a Shoemaker and Tailor.  I have not been able to find any information as to what happened to him after his arrival.  I believe he was in Newgate Prison pre trial 1841, then on the hulk Euryalus and then to Parkhurst.  He was sentenced to 7yrs transportation but mostly served this time in England.  I am trying to find out about his family as I'm not even sure if he is a member of the Litton family I am researching. 

I have a letter from William Litton (who I know belongs my Litton family) written in 1855 from Iron Bark Bendigo updating his mother on his activities.  Seems he had not been in contact for some time and was apologetic - not knowing whether his father and siblings were well or even alive.  Whether the 2 are one and the same remains a mystery.

cheers
Veronica

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Parkhurst boy William Litton
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 September 21 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Veronica and welcome to RootsChat.

I can't really help with your query, can't see a marriage or death of a William LITTON in Victoria. However there is a RootsChatter, BAC3, who is documenting all the Parkhurst Boys who perhaps may be able to assist you. You could send him a personal message.  :)

Offline coolkelpie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parkhurst boy William Litton
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 September 21 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Veronica and welcome to RootsChat.

I can't really help with your query, can't see a marriage or death of a William LITTON in Victoria. However there is a RootsChatter, BAC3, who is documenting all the Parkhurst Boys who perhaps may be able to assist you. You could send him a personal message.  :)
  Thanks very much.  I just sent him a PM>