Author Topic: Reading Football Team  (Read 525 times)

Offline Katie Hiscock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Reading Football Team
« on: Sunday 12 September 21 08:53 BST (UK) »
This photo is 100 years old would some on enhance so I can make out the faces a little bit clearer

Thank you

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Reading Football Team
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 07:21 BST (UK) »

Offline Katie Hiscock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 09:27 BST (UK) »
Any chance ot a better scan or is this all you have?
https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2020/8/28/21368776/reading-fc-debut-football-league-win-at-newport-county-100-years-on-biscuitmen-royals

I don't have another scan but I do have different copy's of the same photo that I can post later ?

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 10:14 BST (UK) »

I don't have another scan but I do have different copy's of the same photo that I can post later ?

Make sure you scan your photograph in colour, at minimum 300 DPI/PPI. If your photograph is small, 600 DPI or even 1200 DPI will be better. This will help the expert restorers to improve your photograph.

Your photo for restore is only 41.5KB, you are allowed up to 500KB (for a single photo image).

See- https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 September 21 12:38 BST (UK) »
A WORD OF CAUTION regarding the faces in my effort below.

I’ve used an AI (artificial intelligence) filter to sharpen the photo. The original resolution is too low to yield true, close-up detail. You can see that while the writing in the photo in the image below looks sharp from a distance, close up a lot of the smaller letters don’t make sense. That principle applies to some extent to the faces. Where there was insufficient detail in the original, the filter “made it up”. To offset that to some extent I’ve blended the original faces 50:50 with the AI filter’s effort - making them slightly less sharp but hopefully truer to the original.

Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Eggy1948

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 September 21 19:55 BST (UK) »
One from me - enlarged & sharpened via my software.
I agree with McGroger and doubt if his effort can be improved on  :)

Offline Katie Hiscock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 September 21 19:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying every 1