Author Topic: Any Gordon and/or Fife Historians? Fife Gordon of Huntly DNA connections?  (Read 1729 times)

Offline akAdie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any Gordon and/or Fife Historians? Fife Gordon of Huntly DNA connections?
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 January 22 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi RWJE,
I am a member of the Eadie surname project, but do not match with anyone else within the group. If you are the group administrator, I believe we chatted at one point via email about the Adie/Eadie families in Scotland and yours in Ireland. In the Gordon surname project, my results are listed on the site which I believe is public. I do not match with any other Addie/Eddie/Eddy/Addison etc. You can see my DNA under the septs results page but only match (12 Markers) to the Gordon and Seton line and to Sutherland and septs within the Gordon project: Keith, Todd, Elliott, and Anderson but no Adie/Eddy/Adams/etc. For autosomal DNA results, there are no Adie/Eadie matches besides those of our immediate family.

From my own research, I have clustered three other Adie/Eadie families hoping to find a connection to. There is a large one from Perth (Adie/Drummond), one in Dundee, and the oldest one Adie/Skene in Aberdeen. From a family history submission on the Gordon DNA project site http://www.thegordondnaproject.com/230477.html
I was able to eliminate the Dundee Adie cluster, having no genetic relation. You can see our results compared side to side http://www.thegordondnaproject.com/Results-Septs.html
next to the Adie surname...Surprisingly, there is no relation, even distantly. I have not yet found a connection to the Perth or Aberdeen families and am unsure if they descend from the same person.

If you are on Ancestry I can send you an invite to my tree if you'd like. I tagged the DNA connections so they are searchable by surname. Reviewing your Campbell family link, none look familiar but if the St Andrews referred to is the St Andrews in Fife and not Orkney, then there may be a connection I am not yet aware of since I haven't yet found any other Adie or Eadie that I am related to.

I appreciate all of the links. I am still trying to learn as much as possible about the documented Adie/Eadie families and find the Adie/Skene family especially interesting.
Adie, Baillie, Forker, Halford, Porter, MacK

Offline RWJE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Any Gordon and/or Fife Historians? Fife Gordon of Huntly DNA connections?
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 January 22 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi AKAdie
Yes. My DNA results are also in the link 671571. I am struggling to get a link to any of the other groups of Eadies apart from Lanarkshire despite. This is not getting me to Fife. The fact that some of the Adie testers are Haplogroup G and I am R1B shows that the name was adopted by a variety of unrelated people. I am closer to the others in the Perth and Aberdeen area due to the Haplogroup R but still not a close match (Hundreds / thousands of Years). We just need more Eadie / Adie testers to crack this. All those who have tested in Northern Ireland link to a common ancestor with the Campbells around 1400 (according to Scaled Innovation timescales). Hope we get some more testers and are able to sort this out Thanks