Author Topic: MyHeritage Default tree  (Read 2884 times)

Offline davidgp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MyHeritage Default tree
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 October 21 15:51 BST (UK) »
I'd be of similar mind but they have now restricted the one tree I have with them that was working by claiming it on a separate Basic subscription plan.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 October 21 16:01 BST (UK) »
I think it's time to get in touch and call rather than text:

https://www.myheritage.com/contact-myheritage
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 October 21 16:08 BST (UK) »
@davidgp have you managed to get any further with your problem?

I think I am seeing something similar. About 10 days ago I deleted my tree from MH and uploaded a new version as a gedcom exported from Family Historian, which I do periodically as my tree grows.

I have identified myself in the tree, re-assigned my DNA kit to my profile in the new tree, and ensured that Smart-Matches and associated features are all turned on in preferences.

But I have not had any smart matches or discoveries since, although I did get a notification that I had several new "Theories of Relativity" (similar to Ancestry ThruLines) a couple of days after replacing my tree. When I investigated them though, they all show a series of deleted profiles between me and the shared individual, so it looks like the theories have all been generated against my deleted tree!
Stokes - London and Essex
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts
Humphries/Humphreys from Montgomeryshire

Offline CorleyMiller

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 October 21 20:53 BST (UK) »
phil57, I’m having a very similar experience. I uploaded a Gedcom with a new tree but I did run the two trees for some weeks and smartmatches came through for both. I deleted the old tree about a month ago, then last week for the first time I had connections through the Theory of Family Relativity feature.
I also have deleted profiles showing on my side of the connections but confusingly not all of them. Although all my ancestors show as deleted profiles for maternal matches, on the paternal side there’s no consistency, some have only my father as a deleted profile and some my father and grandmother, but paternal great grandparents are all fully detailed.

My first thought was also that they were sourcing from the deleted tree, but the fact that my paternal great grandparents are shown has made me doubt a little that it's just down to that. I was debating whether to wait and see if the connections are updated by MH's system routines, or to just get in touch with MH and ask.
It must also be very confusing for the DNA matches to see from their side.

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 26 October 21 09:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Corley. It just seems that matching on the new tree is stuck in limbo somehow. When I've re-uploaded my tree in the past, I'm sure that record matches and smart matches have populated fairly quickly. I've even tried making a few edits to my tree in the hope that it might kick-start MH's routines (whatever they are) into running through it.

Strangely, around the same time (17th October) MyHeritage hints stopped working in my Family Historian software. Every time I open the program or open a project, I get a notification after a short time that "The MyHeritage service has been stopped. Too many errors".

There are other similar reports on the Family Historian User Group forum, but it isn't affecting everyone, and there seems to be no obvious pattern. Calico Pie (the FH developers) have a notice on their website saying that the problem relates to a DNS routing issue affecting some users, and that they are working with affected ISPs to resolve it. I find that odd too, as others using the same ISP as me seem unaffected.

It suggests to me that something more fundamental may be wrong at MH, but I'm far from an expert. Hopefully posting this will prove me wrong and I'll find everything working again in no time!
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 08 November 21 13:58 GMT (UK) »
After 2 weeks of not a single record match or smart match appearing for my newly uploaded tree with nearly 1500 individuals and several thousand sources, I contacted MyHeritage support, and received a rather condescending reply basically just repeating what I could read for myself in their Knowledge Base and Help Centre, which did not actually address the issue. I was going to leave it until a month had passed before following up, but I've logged in today to find I now have nearly 5,000 record matches! It's taken 22 days...
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 08 November 21 20:17 GMT (UK) »
I think they were playing catch up today. I had lots too  ;D

I hope it goes smoothly for you now.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline phil57

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 November 21 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Gadget  :)

I've just noticed that all my Theories of family Relativity have disappeared as well - the ones that all had deleted profiles on my side, having been seemingly generated from a tree that was no longer there. So hopefully a new list will arrive at some stage.

The one thing I noted from my email reply from MH support was an indication that the generation of these matches, theories of relativity etc, does not seem to be a dynamic process, unlike I think Ancestry's hints and matches, but seems to rely on MH running some sort of trawl on a periodic basis. How often they do that I've no idea, perhaps in the past when I started to get results within days of a new tree upload I was just lucky with my timing!
Hodges - Somerset
Murden - Notts