Author Topic: Jane Brown(e) born in America..In Ballymacruise, County Down, Ireland 1911  (Read 469 times)

Offline DaveMcC

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Brown(e) born in America..In Ballymacruise, County Down, Ireland 1911
« on: Tuesday 21 September 21 16:27 BST (UK) »
I don't have a lot of info to go on here so this might be tricky to find out. I am trying to find out about a Jane Brown (or Browne) who was listed in an Irish Census record 1911 for Ballymacruise, County Down, Ireland as being born in America: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Carrowdore/Ballymacruise/264139/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai002293712/

This gives her age as being 28 so born around 1883 but her death record here: https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1911/05384/4502700.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2015jg0ESrt8ghtOI62AAiQ-W9JI4c43KYvvkan-lEJUzWlvaAOIEmxxc (bit hard to read) says she was 30 when she died in 1911 so putting her birth around 1881 but I am guessing that they didn't know her exact birth date.

I know this is not much help in tracking her down, but this is all I have to go on.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Brown(e) born in America..In Ballymacruise, County Down, Ireland 1911
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hi, before folk start working on this, can you give more context, as in where she fits into your family... is she is a firm lead or someone you want to eliminate?

Offline DaveMcC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 16:57 BST (UK) »
What I am trying to find out is if she is anyway related to me or not. I was looking into my Brown reletives, mentioned on this post here: https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=853275.0 and it mentions Mitchell's and that my 1st cousin 5x removed, William John Brown was in America (I couldn't find out where) and came back to Ireland when he inherited his fathers farm.

I wanted to find out who  Jane Browne mention on the 1911 Irish census record living with the Mitchell's was connected to these Browns I am looking for, but would need to know her parents first but since it only states in the census record that she was born in America, that is vague as I don't know where.

Offline Irishswallow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 21:05 BST (UK) »
Gaffy - the poster here has cross posted this on a facebook group - where what he has been given info

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 21:08 BST (UK) »
This looks very much like the details that were found for you on North Down & Ards Facebook page.
Since Northern Ireland researchers are a fairly small group we are often reading in the same places and comparing notes. It really is good practice, and good manners, to acknowledge information that has been found for you instead of pretending you 'found' it yourself (as is the case of Brown of Miller Hill thread here & on FB).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline DaveMcC

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 September 21 21:26 BST (UK) »
This looks very much like the details that were found for you on North Down & Ards Facebook page.
Since Northern Ireland researchers are a fairly small group we are often reading in the same places and comparing notes. It really is good practice, and good manners, to acknowledge information that has been found for you instead of pretending you 'found' it yourself (as is the case of Brown of Miller Hill thread here & on FB).

First, sorry about that, I really should have metioned that I had posted for help first on the FB group, not sure why I didn't, I am not wanting to take the credit for anyones hard work and I didn't claim to have found the information myself, just said it was the information I had, again I apologise as I really do appreciate the help and should have mentioned it when cross referencing information I had and should have said where I got it from and I will do that in future.