Author Topic: What happened to Mary Holland bp. 25 Feb 1819 - Guilden Morden? COMPLETED  (Read 482 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
What happened to Mary Holland bp. 25 Feb 1819 - Guilden Morden? COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 28 September 21 17:09 BST (UK) »
I have found the baptismal record of Mary bp 1819 Guilden Morden, Cambs to Henry & Jane (née Coventon) Holland.  Henry is brother to my 4xgreat grandfather  James Holland.

Thrulines is showing a 14cM match (5C1R) to a descendant of this Mary but I'm blowed if I can follow the descent that they have suggested from other people's trees, nor can I find out what happened to Mary.

Part way through the descent Mary seems to change her name to Charlotte and is married to a mixture of people, ending up in Australia having taken passage on the Constant departing Southampton and arriving in Portland on 22 Feb 1855.  This passage is in the name of Charlotte Ward!

However the thrulines descent is in the name of Mary Smith and then through her daughter Lydia Smith.

Whilst I don't think that thrulines is reflecting the correct paper trail, there is a dna match at the end of it - and I can't actually find a paper trail to contradict it.

If anyone could help with what happened to Mary Holland I should be grateful please.

Maybe I shouldn't be trying to follow this through for the sake of 14cM?

Thanks, Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Mary Holland bp. 25 Feb 1819 - Guilden Morden?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 September 21 20:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you to anyone who read this - I have now sorted it out.

Don't know where Ancestry or any other descendant of Mary Holland got the idea she went to Australia - she went to Worksop, Nottinghamshire! (nowhere near so glamorous) and she and family remained rooted there in perpetuity.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire