Author Topic: Marriage Details for Henry CORR & Ann O'HARE 1892  (Read 775 times)

Offline Meadows52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Details for Henry CORR & Ann O'HARE 1892
« on: Tuesday 05 October 21 07:35 BST (UK) »
Hello and Greetings from Adelaide

I wonder if anyone recognises the following marriage entry that I may be able to obtain further details please? I am compiling a One Name Study for the name of  CORR and Henry may/may not be linked to my own Gateshead CORRs.
Henry CORR  married Ann O'HARE in Sep Q  1892 at Prescot Register Office. He died aged 34 in Mar Q 1896 so does not show on any relevant census after his marriage.
There are a number of Henry CORRs in the area and I am having problems differentiating between them all. Ann supposedly came from Gateshead or Newcastle Upon Tyne. it is possible that Henry also came from the North East also, although I have a birth registration for a Henry CORR in the Prescot area for Jun Q 1862 and his mother's maiden name was CRIGGIN. I have checked the Lancashire OPC to no avail.
If anyone is able to assist me with this query- I would be most grateful.
Cheers  Doreen CORR

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Details for Henry CORR & Ann O'HARE 1892
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 08:55 BST (UK) »
If the marriage took place in a Register Office, then your only recourse is to buy a certificate.

Use the details from FreeBMD, and order through www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Online DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 10:05 BST (UK) »
There is a tree which has his father as Bernard Con (presume Corr) born 1801 in Ireland, although the ages don't fit.

Bernard, a Chemical Worker, and wife, Ann, are in Felling Shore, Heworth, in 1861, with a son Henry, also a Chemical Worker, b 1839 in Ireland.

Henry Corr, a Chemical Labourer, was in Windle, Prescot, in 1891 with a nephew, Henry, born in St Helens in 1862.

In 1881, they were in Heworth, Durham, so he could have met Ann O'Hare before moving back to Lancashire.

David

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 10:06 BST (UK) »
LancsBMD says Register Office or Registrar Attended so it could also be a non C of E church where it was necessary to have a registrar in attendance
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 10:35 BST (UK) »
LancsBMD says Register Office or Registrar Attended so it could also be a non C of E church where it was necessary to have a registrar in attendance

If the Corr family came from ireland originally and O'hare is an Irish name, possibly they were catholics

I had also found the Henry Corr trail through censuses that DCB just posted and had come to the same conclusion.

Nothing I can find in newspapers for marriage or death unfortunately
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Meadows52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 13:59 BST (UK) »
To All who have replied to me.

I am grateful for your replies- sorry I was not able to find an individual reply button for each of you.
I would love to buy a copy of the marriage certificate- but it is not a cheap item nowadays.
I was hoping to find Ann in the 1891 Census in Prescot as the rest of the family was there but not found her so far. It seems the family were next door neighbours of  Henry CORR and his uncle
Henry CORR in Parr Street.
Cheers
Doreen

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I think we have been assuming we are looking for a marriage for the younger Henry (born c1862).

However in the 1891 census, Henry Corr age 50 are at 25 Parr Street with nephew Henry age 26, nephew Hugh age 21 and niece Mary Ann McFarlane age 22 and on the same page just above them is Anne O'Hare a widow age 50 with her three sons Patrick, John and Michael.

Considering their ages I am wondering if Anne O'Hare married the older Henry as he was single in the census.

The death in 1896 age 34 maybe the nephew but dates don't quite tie in.

Food for thought?

Alan

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 16:14 BST (UK) »
Ann O'Hare senior was a widow in 1901, still at Parr Street and using the surname O'Hare.

ADDED Henry Corr senior is still single in 1901 living at Cross Street
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 05 October 21 16:28 BST (UK) »

Ah - just a thought but wrong!

Alan