Author Topic: New series next week on the Beeb of Who Do You Think You Are?  (Read 13967 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: New series next week on the Beeb of Who Do You Think You Are?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 15:53 BST (UK) »
I must admit, that "Danny Dyer" episode almost totally put me off the programme for ever! I'd no idea before I watched it, who in earth he was, and after I'd watched it was quite certain that I didn't care for him, nor have the slightest interest in him!
I've recorded the first in this series to watch, if not, I'd look on I-player, frostyknight.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 16:28 BST (UK) »
I agree with you about the Danny Dyer programme. Unfortunately I can't watch on iplayer as I'm not in the UK. (Dublin). Hope it'll be repeated at some stage.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 17:08 BST (UK) »
Ah, not thought of that. Sorry.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 22:06 BST (UK) »
Loved this episode. Didn't really know much about Josh ( I know he's been on comedy panel shows but haven't watched them)  - but I really took to him and loved his reactions.
A fab start to the new series.

Looby :)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 October 21 15:52 BST (UK) »
Yes, I watched it and really thought it "worked". So many recent ones have merely explored very immediate ancestors for subjects - and this WAS a great contrast to the dreadful Dyer one!
TY

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 October 21 15:57 BST (UK) »
I agree with you about the Danny Dyer programme. Unfortunately I can't watch on iplayer as I'm not in the UK. (Dublin). Hope it'll be repeated at some stage.

This might get yanked soon, so watch it quick...

Who Do You Think You Are ( UK) S18E01 - Josh Widdicombe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwXoU2PcmNM
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline frostyknight

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 15 October 21 00:14 BST (UK) »

This might get yanked soon, so watch it quick...

Who Do You Think You Are ( UK) S18E01 - Josh Widdicombe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwXoU2PcmNM

Thank you so much for this cuffie81. It never occurred to me to check YouTube. I've just watched it and really enjoyed it. What an interesting programme, definitely one of the best episodes in my opinion.

Ah, not thought of that. Sorry.
TY

No worries TY. Rootschatters are an international bunch, not possible to remember where everyone comes from. :)

Offline perth tiger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 15 October 21 08:54 BST (UK) »
I've not watched for a few series, but caught up with this today. His reaction when he read the plaque in westminster was the same as i had watching it. One of the best episodes I've seen.
davey hodgson holliday nelson oxberry ruddock sunman Sidebottom
yorkshire
Census information is Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk included on your posts.

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 15 October 21 09:03 BST (UK) »
I hadn't got round to watching the beginning of the episode on i-player so thanks to the link I watched it on You Tube.

I didn't know Josh's surname.

Josh and my OH might be related  :o

They both share the Hannaford & Widdicombe surnames.  Common names around the moor though.

Shame they didn't investigate that side of the family.  I expect they did but it wasn't anywhere near as interesting.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk